Kathy Le is an Associate in the Toronto office of Dickinson Wright. Her practice includes a variety of corporate and commercial matters with a focus on commercial agreements, corporate governance, reorganizations, succession planning, mergers and acquisitions and securities.
Ryerson UniversityBachelor of Commerce, 2010
- CB Richard Ellis Year-End Scholarship in Real Estate (2009-2010)
University of WindsorJ.D., 2014
- Gowlings LLP Prize in Securities Regulation (2012-2013)
- Insolvency Institute of Canada, E. Bruce Leonard Prize in Insolvency & Restructuring (2012-2013)
- Kellerman Family Bursary in Insolvency & Restructuring (2012-2013)
Representative matters include advising individuals and businesses in connection with:
- Incorporation, organization and day-to-day corporate governance.
- Ownership agreements (shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements).
- Purchase and sale agreements (share and asset purchase agreements).
- Commercial agreements (franchise, distribution, licensing and confidentiality agreements).
- Corporate reorganizations and restructurings.
- Succession and estate planning.
- Applications for charitable status registration.
- Foreign investments in Canadian companies.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada, Member
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
- Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada), Certification Committee Member
- Sponsor, “Legal Expert” Roundtable Host and Judge – “Breakfast with Brands & Lunch: Automotive Sector/ WBE Canada Accelerator Awards” (April 2017)
- Panel Discussion Moderator – “WBE Canada National Conference and Matchmaker: Ignite and Innovate (September 2016)
- Sponsor and “Legal Expert” Roundtable Host – “WBE Canada Breakfast with Brands & Lunch: Windsor Event” (July 2016)
- Co-Author, Practical Law (Thomson Reuters) Global Guide, Q&A Guide to Franchising in Canada
- Co-Presenter – “Common Challenges in Franchise and Not-For-Profit Practice,” The Institute of Legal Clerks of Ontario – Advanced Corporate Program, November 2015.
- Co-Author – Michael Weinczok and Kathy Le, “Canada” in Gregor Baer and Karen O'Flynn, Financing Company Group Restructurings, (UK: Oxford University Press, 2015).
- Co-Author – David Preger and Kathy Le, “Priority Issues under the Construction Lien Act” (Paper delivered at the Law Society of Upper Canada, Commercial Priorities for Real Estate and Business Lawyers 2015, 24 February 2015).