- Craft, Jennifer Ko.
- Media Mentions
Jennifer Ko Craft (Member, Las Vegas) was recently quoted in The Hollywood Reporter’s article, “Instagram Sharing Rights At Center of Photographer's Legal Battle.” This article discusses a recent social media dispute between Volvo and a professional photographer and model who are suing the auto giant for alleged copyright infringement. Jennifer, whose clients include the Kardashian-Jenner family and Sylvester Stallone, says that while many pundits are focusing on the copyright implications, it’s Sumida’s publicity and false association claims that get “really sticky and interesting.” She adds: “Are they making consumers believe there is an endorsement or promotion or sponsorship by the model of the Volvo brand? To me, yeah. It does look like an advertising campaign.” While each case is fact-specific, and Ko Craft isn’t necessarily worried about a chilling effect if Volvo succeeds on its motion, she is watching the matter closely. “I’m looking at it from talent’s perspective to see how this affects my clients,” she says. “Anyone who uses this platform should be mindful of what’s going on.” To read more, click here.
- September 08, 2020 Industry Alerts Patent Claim Construction Decision May Boost Patent Eligibility in Canada
- September 1, 2020 In the News Cindy Villanueva Named Regional President of the Year by the Hispanic National Bar Association
- August 26, 2020 Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: NEW Deadline Extension is August 28, 2020*
- August 25, 2020 In the News Matthew Powell Ranked in the 2020 Edition of the IAM Strategy 300
- August 19, 2020 Industry Alerts Nevada Landlords Beware: Avoiding Intellectual Property Liability During the Eviction Process
- August 14, 2020 In the News Cindy Villanueva Selected for State Bar of Arizona’s Bar Leadership Institute 2020-21 Class
- August 12 ,2020 Webinars How to Protect Your Intellectual Property on Social Media and E-Commerce Platforms
- August 06, 2020 Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Final Deadline Extension Ends August 21, 2020*
- August 6, 2020 Media Mentions John Krieger Quoted in IP Law News Article on Copyright Infringement