- Ruppel, Kimberly J.
- Media Mentions
Kimberly Ruppel (Member, Troy) was recently quoted in Part B News article, “Be careful with HIPAA under OCR’s ‘good faith’ telehealth provision; you may face future risk,” which also appeared in Decision Health online. The article discusses the use of telehealth and the huge role it is playing as one of the government’s defenses against the COVID-19 pandemic. The article transitions to advise on how providers can protect themselves from vulnerabilities while using online communication platforms. “One of the easiest ways to penetrate otherwise strong security measures is the use of phishing scams and malware. Make sure your staff knows how to identify a suspicious email. They should be on the lookout for misspellings, grammatical mistakes or an email address that doesn’t match the sender," said Kimberly.
Click here to read more.
- July 01, 2020 Industry Alerts Michigan Expands Telehealth Coverage
- June 25, 2020 Industry Alerts New Case Law on When a Behavioral Health Professional May Testify as an Acquaintance Witness in a Commitment Proceeding
- June 12, 2020 Conferences Virtual Ann Arbor Healthcare Compliance Conference
- April 29, 2020 In the News Gregory Moore Appointed Vice Chair - Educational Programming of the Behavioral Health Task Force for the American Health Law Association
- April 29, 2020 Industry Alerts Limitation of Liability During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- April 28, 2020 Industry Alerts $484 Billion Small Business Coronavirus Relief Bill Summary
- April 22, 2020 Industry Alerts Michigan’s New COVID-19 Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities
- April 17, 2020 Industry Alerts Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute Waivers for COVID-19
- April 15, 2020 Industry Alerts CARES Act Increased Funding for the Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund