Wednesday and Thursday, November 15 and 16, 2017
at: The Westin Nashville
807 Clark Place
Nashville, TN 37203
The hottest captive domicile has been “open for business” for over six years now and the Tennessee Captive Insurance Association (TCIA) has been there from the start. TCIA’s 7th Annual Conference will build on the momentum of the previous year and let you know what to expect in the years to come. With the educational programming and unmatched networking opportunities, this is a “must attend” event for anyone looking to do captive business in Tennessee.
Kevin Doherty (Member, Nashville) and Tom Nolasco (Member, Phoenix) will participate in a panel discussion titled, "Marijuana Legalization - Implications for Captive Insurance Programs" and the session will take place on Thursday, November 16 from 11 a.m. to noon. With marijuana becoming increasingly legalized at the state level, this has spurred a variety of new questions as it relates to employment arrangements generally, and liability issues more specifically. For captive insurance companies that cover risks that could be affected by this legalization trend, things can get complicated. This session will offer useful observations and guidance on what captive insurance professionals need to know.
Kevin Doherty and Derek Kaczmarek (Member, Phoenix & Las Vegas) will present the topic, “Avrahami v. Commissioner - Gazing into the Crystal Ball: a discussion of the decision, the immediate impact and the next moves by the IRS”. This session takes place on Thursday, November 16 from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Now that the Tax Court issued the long-awaited Avrahami opinion, the panel analyzes the decision as it applies to other 831(b) captives and the captive managers. The panel will also provide suggestions to captive managers looking to tweak their programs and predict the IRS's next moves.
Click here to register!
- December 12, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Attorneys Work Recognized as Midwest Region Deal of the Year by The Bond Buyer
- December 12, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Richard Friedlander Quoted in AZ Business Article on the Legal Industry
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Congress Has Gotten Way Ahead of NHTSA on Drafting Standards for Safe Highly Automated Vehicles
- December 6, 2018 Webinars Telemedicine Hot Topics for Providers and Employers - What's Hot, What's Not, and What's New?
- December 6, 2018 In the News Attorney Melissa Breeden Joins Dickinson Wright’s Phoenix Office
- December 5, 2018 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to 2019 Kentucky Super Lawyers
- December 5, 2018 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to 2019 Ohio Super Lawyers
- December 4, 2018 In the News Healthcare Attorney Jessica Busch Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- December 4, 2018 In the News Las Vegas Gaming Attorneys Co-Author Chapter in International Comparative Legal Guide to: Gambling 2019