- Doherty, Kevin M. .
The Westin Nashville, 807 Clark Place, Nashville, Tennessee, 37203
Wednesday and Thursday, November 15 and 16, 2017
at: The Westin Nashville
807 Clark Place
Nashville, TN 37203
The hottest captive domicile has been “open for business” for over six years now and the Tennessee Captive Insurance Association (TCIA) has been there from the start. TCIA’s 7th Annual Conference will build on the momentum of the previous year and let you know what to expect in the years to come. With the educational programming and unmatched networking opportunities, this is a “must attend” event for anyone looking to do captive business in Tennessee.
Kevin Doherty (Member, Nashville) will participate in a panel discussion titled, "Marijuana Legalization - Implications for Captive Insurance Programs" and the session will take place on Thursday, November 16 from 11 a.m. to noon. With marijuana becoming increasingly legalized at the state level, this has spurred a variety of new questions as it relates to employment arrangements generally, and liability issues more specifically. For captive insurance companies that cover risks that could be affected by this legalization trend, things can get complicated. This session will offer useful observations and guidance on what captive insurance professionals need to know.
Kevin Doherty and Derek Kaczmarek (Member, Phoenix & Las Vegas) will present the topic, “Avrahami v. Commissioner - Gazing into the Crystal Ball: a discussion of the decision, the immediate impact and the next moves by the IRS”. This session takes place on Thursday, November 16 from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Now that the Tax Court issued the long-awaited Avrahami opinion, the panel analyzes the decision as it applies to other 831(b) captives and the captive managers. The panel will also provide suggestions to captive managers looking to tweak their programs and predict the IRS's next moves.
Click here to register!
- Industry Alerts Updated Information Regarding the $200 Million in Funding Available for Small Businesses Through New Tennessee Business Relief Program
- Industry Alerts $200 Million in Funding Available for Small Businesses Through New Tennessee Business Relief Program
- Industry Alerts IRS Announces Extension of Certain Tax Filing and Payment Obligations
- September 24, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked Number Two in Midwest Real Estate News “Best of the Best”
- September 23, 2020 Webinars Political and Policy Advocacy for 501[c](4) Organizations in Kentucky
- September 23, 2020 Industry Alerts DW China Trade Update (35th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十五期)
- September 23, 2020 Blogs 特急の審査が必要な雇用主・従業員のためのプレミアム・プロセスが今月再開します。| Premium Processing Resumes This Month for Desperate Employers and Their Employees
- September 2020 Blogs 米国移民局の予算危機と米国移民制度への潜在的影響 | The USCIS Budget Crisis and Its Potential Impact on the U.S. Immigration System
- September 18, 2020 In the News Fifty-Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2020 Michigan Super Lawyers, Twenty-Five Named Rising Stars