- Doherty, Kevin M. .
The Westin Nashville, 807 Clark Place, Nashville, Tennessee, 37203
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Wednesday and Thursday, November 15 and 16, 2017
at: The Westin Nashville
807 Clark Place
Nashville, TN 37203
The hottest captive domicile has been “open for business” for over six years now and the Tennessee Captive Insurance Association (TCIA) has been there from the start. TCIA’s 7th Annual Conference will build on the momentum of the previous year and let you know what to expect in the years to come. With the educational programming and unmatched networking opportunities, this is a “must attend” event for anyone looking to do captive business in Tennessee.
Kevin Doherty (Member, Nashville) will participate in a panel discussion titled, "Marijuana Legalization - Implications for Captive Insurance Programs" and the session will take place on Thursday, November 16 from 11 a.m. to noon. With marijuana becoming increasingly legalized at the state level, this has spurred a variety of new questions as it relates to employment arrangements generally, and liability issues more specifically. For captive insurance companies that cover risks that could be affected by this legalization trend, things can get complicated. This session will offer useful observations and guidance on what captive insurance professionals need to know.
Kevin Doherty and Derek Kaczmarek (Member, Phoenix & Las Vegas) will present the topic, “Avrahami v. Commissioner - Gazing into the Crystal Ball: a discussion of the decision, the immediate impact and the next moves by the IRS”. This session takes place on Thursday, November 16 from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Now that the Tax Court issued the long-awaited Avrahami opinion, the panel analyzes the decision as it applies to other 831(b) captives and the captive managers. The panel will also provide suggestions to captive managers looking to tweak their programs and predict the IRS's next moves.
- In the News Dickinson Wright Welcomes Its Summer Class of 2022
- Industry Alerts Updated Information Regarding the $200 Million in Funding Available for Small Businesses Through New Tennessee Business Relief Program
- Industry Alerts $200 Million in Funding Available for Small Businesses Through New Tennessee Business Relief Program
- September 27, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment 2022 Edition
- September 26, 2022 Blogs 移民局、コロナ禍の署名方針を恒久化へ | USCIS Makes Covid-19 Signature Policy Permanent
- September 26, 2022 Industry Alerts TTAB's Precedential Opinion in In re County of Orange Affirms Refusal of Registering Orange County's Unofficial Insignia
- September 23, 2022 In the News Caleb Green Recognized by the Washington Bar Association and National Bar Association as a 2022 Power 100 Honoree
- September 23, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2022 Texas Super Lawyers
- September 21, 2022 Media Mentions Andrew Dorisio was recently quoted in the Business Lexington article, "Protecting your IP in the digital age,"