Wednesday and Thursday, November 15 and 16, 2017
at: The Westin Nashville
807 Clark Place
Nashville, TN 37203
The hottest captive domicile has been “open for business” for over six years now and the Tennessee Captive Insurance Association (TCIA) has been there from the start. TCIA’s 7th Annual Conference will build on the momentum of the previous year and let you know what to expect in the years to come. With the educational programming and unmatched networking opportunities, this is a “must attend” event for anyone looking to do captive business in Tennessee.
Kevin Doherty (Member, Nashville) and Tom Nolasco (Member, Phoenix) will participate in a panel discussion titled, "Marijuana Legalization - Implications for Captive Insurance Programs" and the session will take place on Thursday, November 16 from 11 a.m. to noon. With marijuana becoming increasingly legalized at the state level, this has spurred a variety of new questions as it relates to employment arrangements generally, and liability issues more specifically. For captive insurance companies that cover risks that could be affected by this legalization trend, things can get complicated. This session will offer useful observations and guidance on what captive insurance professionals need to know.
Kevin Doherty and Derek Kaczmarek (Member, Phoenix & Las Vegas) will present the topic, “Avrahami v. Commissioner - Gazing into the Crystal Ball: a discussion of the decision, the immediate impact and the next moves by the IRS”. This session takes place on Thursday, November 16 from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Now that the Tax Court issued the long-awaited Avrahami opinion, the panel analyzes the decision as it applies to other 831(b) captives and the captive managers. The panel will also provide suggestions to captive managers looking to tweak their programs and predict the IRS's next moves.
Click here to register!
- October 25, 2018 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host Sunrise Seminar on "The Top 10 Insider Tips for Operating a Gold Standard 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Plan"
- October 18, 2018 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Joseph Pytel, Jr. Joins Dickinson Wright’s Troy Office
- October 17, 2018 Articles U.S. Ban for Canadian Cannabis Workers?
- October 16, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation 2019
- October 15, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Dan Ujczo Interviewed on CBC Regarding the USMCA
- October 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Ted Citrome Quoted in Lexpert Article on "Canadian Firms at Risk for US Taxes"
- October 12, 2018 Industry Alerts UPDATE: US Issues New Guidance for Canadian Travelers Involved in Legal Cannabis Industry
- October 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kathleen Campbell Walker Quoted in Law 360 Article “TN Visas Survive Trade Deal, But Challenges May Remain”
- October 10, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright's Employment Practice Recognized on the Phoenix Business Journal Law Practices List