Wednesday and Thursday, November 15 and 16, 2017
at: The Westin Nashville
807 Clark Place
Nashville, TN 37203
The hottest captive domicile has been “open for business” for over six years now and the Tennessee Captive Insurance Association (TCIA) has been there from the start. TCIA’s 7th Annual Conference will build on the momentum of the previous year and let you know what to expect in the years to come. With the educational programming and unmatched networking opportunities, this is a “must attend” event for anyone looking to do captive business in Tennessee.
Kevin Doherty (Member, Nashville) and Tom Nolasco (Member, Phoenix) will participate in a panel discussion titled, "Marijuana Legalization - Implications for Captive Insurance Programs" and the session will take place on Thursday, November 16 from 11 a.m. to noon. With marijuana becoming increasingly legalized at the state level, this has spurred a variety of new questions as it relates to employment arrangements generally, and liability issues more specifically. For captive insurance companies that cover risks that could be affected by this legalization trend, things can get complicated. This session will offer useful observations and guidance on what captive insurance professionals need to know.
Kevin Doherty and Derek Kaczmarek (Member, Phoenix & Las Vegas) will present the topic, “Avrahami v. Commissioner - Gazing into the Crystal Ball: a discussion of the decision, the immediate impact and the next moves by the IRS”. This session takes place on Thursday, November 16 from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Now that the Tax Court issued the long-awaited Avrahami opinion, the panel analyzes the decision as it applies to other 831(b) captives and the captive managers. The panel will also provide suggestions to captive managers looking to tweak their programs and predict the IRS's next moves.
Click here to register!
- July 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Alan Litwack Quoted in the Marijuana Business Daily Article “Cannabis Boom or Bust: How US Firms Could be Affected by Canada’s Adult-Use Market”
- July 17, 2018 In the News Attorney Blair Gould Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- July 16, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Featured in Video Relating to the Recent Legalization of Sports Betting
- July 15- 16, 2018 Special Events Sparky Anderson CATCH Charity Golf Prelude Party and Golf Classic
- July 2018 Industry Alerts California’s Data Privacy Law: What It Is and How to Comply (A Step-By-Step Guide)
- July 2018 Industry Alerts New Section 301 Tariffs Proposed for $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- July 12, 2018 In the News Attorney Rock Wood Joins Dickinson Wright's Grand Rapids Office
- July 12, 2018 In the News Blake Atler Joins Dickinson Wright as Director of Finance
- July 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Marki Stewart Quoted in the Modern Healthcare Article, “States Expand Telemedicine to Allow Prescribing of Controlled Substances”