- Doherty, Kevin M. .
The Westin Nashville, 807 Clark Place, Nashville, Tennessee, 37203
Wednesday and Thursday, November 15 and 16, 2017
at: The Westin Nashville
807 Clark Place
Nashville, TN 37203
The hottest captive domicile has been “open for business” for over six years now and the Tennessee Captive Insurance Association (TCIA) has been there from the start. TCIA’s 7th Annual Conference will build on the momentum of the previous year and let you know what to expect in the years to come. With the educational programming and unmatched networking opportunities, this is a “must attend” event for anyone looking to do captive business in Tennessee.
Kevin Doherty (Member, Nashville) and Tom Nolasco (Member, Phoenix) will participate in a panel discussion titled, "Marijuana Legalization - Implications for Captive Insurance Programs" and the session will take place on Thursday, November 16 from 11 a.m. to noon. With marijuana becoming increasingly legalized at the state level, this has spurred a variety of new questions as it relates to employment arrangements generally, and liability issues more specifically. For captive insurance companies that cover risks that could be affected by this legalization trend, things can get complicated. This session will offer useful observations and guidance on what captive insurance professionals need to know.
Kevin Doherty and Derek Kaczmarek (Member, Phoenix & Las Vegas) will present the topic, “Avrahami v. Commissioner - Gazing into the Crystal Ball: a discussion of the decision, the immediate impact and the next moves by the IRS”. This session takes place on Thursday, November 16 from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Now that the Tax Court issued the long-awaited Avrahami opinion, the panel analyzes the decision as it applies to other 831(b) captives and the captive managers. The panel will also provide suggestions to captive managers looking to tweak their programs and predict the IRS's next moves.
Click here to register!
- March 07, 2019 Webinars The Anatomy of the Label and Package for Retail Food Products – A Legal Minefield
- February 19, 2019 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Laura Moskowitz Joins Dickinson Wright's Washington, D.C. Office
- February 19, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2019
- February 18, 2019 In the News Monica Labe and Katheryne Zelenock Named to Crain's Detroit Business "Notable Women in Real Estate"
- February 18, 2019 Media Mentions K. Lance Anderson and Brian Mangum Interviewed by Modern Healthcare for Article on Blockchain in the Healthcare Industry
- February 2019 Industry Alerts The IRS and the FICA, FUTA and Federal Income Tax Traps for Employers with Non-Resident Alien Employees
- February 13, 2019 Speaking Engagements Doeren Mayhew M&A Breakfast Roundtable: Playing Your Trump Card
- February 13, 2019 Speaking Engagements Attorney Bill Rosin Speaks at Doeren Mayhew M&A Breakfast Roundtable: Playing Your Trump Card
- February 13, 2019 Media Mentions Gregory Moore Quoted in Crain's Detroit Business Article on Michigan's Mental Health Code