Columbus Idea Foundry, 421 W State St , Columbus, Ohio, 43215
From Friday to Sunday, June 23 - 25, 2017
Location: Columbus Idea Foundry, 421 W State Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Alexander Brown (Member, Columbus) is serving as a business mentor and DW is a sponsor of this event which supports "makers" i.e, amateur scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, technologists, hobbyists, etc. The event is held in collaboration with The Columbus Idea Foundry.
Startup Weekend Columbus Returns!
What does Maker Edition mean?! Glad you asked.
Today’s Makers are crafters, artists and artisans, technologists, hobbyists, amateur scientists, entrepreneurs, engineers, woodworkers, roboticists, and many others. They are young people engaging in hands-on projects that introduce them to science and technology in creative ways. Makers are also adults who see themselves as inventors and experimentalists. Some have PhDs and others are self-educated. Makers are practicing a craft or challenging themselves to learn a new hobby. They are creative problem-solvers who gain the confidence that they can tackle ever-larger problems.
At this next startup weekend we expect to see over 100 hackers of all sorts - makers, developers, designers and hustlers - come together to build 10+ companies over the course of one weekend. We expect to see a bunch of companies that blend the boundaries between hardware and software, IOT devices, and beautifully designed prototypes. It will be a ton of fun and we guarantee you’ll make a friend or two!
For a Standard Ticket of $75, you'll receive:
- Space to work for the weekend at the beautiful Columbus Idea Foundry.
- A "How to Make Anything 101" class at the Idea Foundry ($25 value).
- Access to a community of entrepreneurs and mentors (even more coming soon!).
- Access to expert makers from the Idea Foundry to help you with manufacture and design.
- 3 dinners, 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts.
- A sweet t-shirt.
- All the coffee, soda, energy drinks, and water you could ever need.
- An amazing experience and chance to get a taste of the startup world.
What are you waiting for? Get your ticket now!
- March 07, 2019 Webinars The Anatomy of the Label and Package for Retail Food Products – A Legal Minefield
- February 19, 2019 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Laura Moskowitz Joins Dickinson Wright's Washington, D.C. Office
- February 19, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2019
- February 18, 2019 In the News Monica Labe and Katheryne Zelenock Named to Crain's Detroit Business "Notable Women in Real Estate"
- February 18, 2019 Media Mentions K. Lance Anderson and Brian Mangum Interviewed by Modern Healthcare for Article on Blockchain in the Healthcare Industry
- February 2019 Industry Alerts The IRS and the FICA, FUTA and Federal Income Tax Traps for Employers with Non-Resident Alien Employees
- February 13, 2019 Speaking Engagements Doeren Mayhew M&A Breakfast Roundtable: Playing Your Trump Card
- February 13, 2019 Speaking Engagements Attorney Bill Rosin Speaks at Doeren Mayhew M&A Breakfast Roundtable: Playing Your Trump Card
- February 13, 2019 Media Mentions Gregory Moore Quoted in Crain's Detroit Business Article on Michigan's Mental Health Code