Columbus Idea Foundry, 421 W State St , Columbus, Ohio, 43215
From Friday to Sunday, June 23 - 25, 2017
Location: Columbus Idea Foundry, 421 W State Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Alexander Brown (Member, Columbus) is serving as a business mentor and DW is a sponsor of this event which supports "makers" i.e, amateur scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, technologists, hobbyists, etc. The event is held in collaboration with The Columbus Idea Foundry.
Startup Weekend Columbus Returns!
What does Maker Edition mean?! Glad you asked.
Today’s Makers are crafters, artists and artisans, technologists, hobbyists, amateur scientists, entrepreneurs, engineers, woodworkers, roboticists, and many others. They are young people engaging in hands-on projects that introduce them to science and technology in creative ways. Makers are also adults who see themselves as inventors and experimentalists. Some have PhDs and others are self-educated. Makers are practicing a craft or challenging themselves to learn a new hobby. They are creative problem-solvers who gain the confidence that they can tackle ever-larger problems.
At this next startup weekend we expect to see over 100 hackers of all sorts - makers, developers, designers and hustlers - come together to build 10+ companies over the course of one weekend. We expect to see a bunch of companies that blend the boundaries between hardware and software, IOT devices, and beautifully designed prototypes. It will be a ton of fun and we guarantee you’ll make a friend or two!
For a Standard Ticket of $75, you'll receive:
- Space to work for the weekend at the beautiful Columbus Idea Foundry.
- A "How to Make Anything 101" class at the Idea Foundry ($25 value).
- Access to a community of entrepreneurs and mentors (even more coming soon!).
- Access to expert makers from the Idea Foundry to help you with manufacture and design.
- 3 dinners, 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts.
- A sweet t-shirt.
- All the coffee, soda, energy drinks, and water you could ever need.
- An amazing experience and chance to get a taste of the startup world.
What are you waiting for? Get your ticket now!
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Governor Snyder Implements Changes To Michigan’s Minimum Wage And Sick Leave Laws
- December 13, 2018 In the News Attorney Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Speaks at 45th Annual Global Symposium
- December 13, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in Racing Publication Articles on Sports Betting
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Cybersecurity Update: First SEC Enforcement Action Involving the Identity Theft Red Flags Rule Results in Settlement
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Tax Court Rules Against Cannabis Dispensary
- December 12, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Attorneys Work Recognized as Midwest Region Deal of the Year by The Bond Buyer
- December 12, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Richard Friedlander Quoted in AZ Business Article on the Legal Industry
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Congress Has Gotten Way Ahead of NHTSA on Drafting Standards for Safe Highly Automated Vehicles
- December 6, 2018 Webinars Telemedicine Hot Topics for Providers and Employers - What's Hot, What's Not, and What's New?