Columbus Idea Foundry, 421 W State St , Columbus, Ohio, 43215
From Friday to Sunday, June 23 - 25, 2017
Location: Columbus Idea Foundry, 421 W State Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Alexander Brown (Member, Columbus) is serving as a business mentor and DW is a sponsor of this event which supports "makers" i.e, amateur scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, technologists, hobbyists, etc. The event is held in collaboration with The Columbus Idea Foundry.
Startup Weekend Columbus Returns!
What does Maker Edition mean?! Glad you asked.
Today’s Makers are crafters, artists and artisans, technologists, hobbyists, amateur scientists, entrepreneurs, engineers, woodworkers, roboticists, and many others. They are young people engaging in hands-on projects that introduce them to science and technology in creative ways. Makers are also adults who see themselves as inventors and experimentalists. Some have PhDs and others are self-educated. Makers are practicing a craft or challenging themselves to learn a new hobby. They are creative problem-solvers who gain the confidence that they can tackle ever-larger problems.
At this next startup weekend we expect to see over 100 hackers of all sorts - makers, developers, designers and hustlers - come together to build 10+ companies over the course of one weekend. We expect to see a bunch of companies that blend the boundaries between hardware and software, IOT devices, and beautifully designed prototypes. It will be a ton of fun and we guarantee you’ll make a friend or two!
For a Standard Ticket of $75, you'll receive:
- Space to work for the weekend at the beautiful Columbus Idea Foundry.
- A "How to Make Anything 101" class at the Idea Foundry ($25 value).
- Access to a community of entrepreneurs and mentors (even more coming soon!).
- Access to expert makers from the Idea Foundry to help you with manufacture and design.
- 3 dinners, 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts.
- A sweet t-shirt.
- All the coffee, soda, energy drinks, and water you could ever need.
- An amazing experience and chance to get a taste of the startup world.
What are you waiting for? Get your ticket now!
- May 30, 2019 Webinars Global Chamber USMCA/NAFTA Update: Shifting Issues & Challenges Webinar
- May 22, 2019 Webinars Top 10 Corporate Immigration Compliance Risks Webinar
- May 22, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2019 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- May 21, 2019 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host "Business in the Borderplex" Event in El Paso
- May 21, 2019 In the News Benton Bodamer Selected as a "40 Under 40" Honoree by Columbus Business First
- May 21, 2019 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2019 IP Stars
- May 17, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 3
- May 2019 Industry Alerts The Disconnect Between Implementation of V2V Communication and the V2V Technology Employed to Achieve It
- May 16, 2019 In the News Jacqueline Lu Joins Dickinson Wright's Austin Office