Columbus Idea Foundry, 421 W State St , Columbus, Ohio, 43215
From Friday to Sunday, June 23 - 25, 2017
Location: Columbus Idea Foundry, 421 W State Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Alexander Brown (Member, Columbus) is serving as a business mentor and DW is a sponsor of this event which supports "makers" i.e, amateur scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, technologists, hobbyists, etc. The event is held in collaboration with The Columbus Idea Foundry.
Startup Weekend Columbus Returns!
What does Maker Edition mean?! Glad you asked.
Today’s Makers are crafters, artists and artisans, technologists, hobbyists, amateur scientists, entrepreneurs, engineers, woodworkers, roboticists, and many others. They are young people engaging in hands-on projects that introduce them to science and technology in creative ways. Makers are also adults who see themselves as inventors and experimentalists. Some have PhDs and others are self-educated. Makers are practicing a craft or challenging themselves to learn a new hobby. They are creative problem-solvers who gain the confidence that they can tackle ever-larger problems.
At this next startup weekend we expect to see over 100 hackers of all sorts - makers, developers, designers and hustlers - come together to build 10+ companies over the course of one weekend. We expect to see a bunch of companies that blend the boundaries between hardware and software, IOT devices, and beautifully designed prototypes. It will be a ton of fun and we guarantee you’ll make a friend or two!
For a Standard Ticket of $75, you'll receive:
- Space to work for the weekend at the beautiful Columbus Idea Foundry.
- A "How to Make Anything 101" class at the Idea Foundry ($25 value).
- Access to a community of entrepreneurs and mentors (even more coming soon!).
- Access to expert makers from the Idea Foundry to help you with manufacture and design.
- 3 dinners, 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts.
- A sweet t-shirt.
- All the coffee, soda, energy drinks, and water you could ever need.
- An amazing experience and chance to get a taste of the startup world.
What are you waiting for? Get your ticket now!
- October 25, 2018 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host Sunrise Seminar on "The Top 10 Insider Tips for Operating a Gold Standard 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Plan"
- October 18, 2018 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Joseph Pytel, Jr. Joins Dickinson Wright’s Troy Office
- October 17, 2018 Articles U.S. Ban for Canadian Cannabis Workers?
- October 16, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation 2019
- October 15, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Dan Ujczo Interviewed on CBC Regarding the USMCA
- October 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Ted Citrome Quoted in Lexpert Article on "Canadian Firms at Risk for US Taxes"
- October 12, 2018 Industry Alerts UPDATE: US Issues New Guidance for Canadian Travelers Involved in Legal Cannabis Industry
- October 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kathleen Campbell Walker Quoted in Law 360 Article “TN Visas Survive Trade Deal, But Challenges May Remain”
- October 10, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright's Employment Practice Recognized on the Phoenix Business Journal Law Practices List