Columbus Idea Foundry, 421 W State St , Columbus, Ohio, 43215
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
From Friday to Sunday, June 23 - 25, 2017
Location: Columbus Idea Foundry, 421 W State Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Alexander Brown (Member, Columbus) is serving as a business mentor and DW is a sponsor of this event which supports "makers" i.e, amateur scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs, technologists, hobbyists, etc. The event is held in collaboration with The Columbus Idea Foundry.
Startup Weekend Columbus Returns!
What does Maker Edition mean?! Glad you asked.
Today’s Makers are crafters, artists and artisans, technologists, hobbyists, amateur scientists, entrepreneurs, engineers, woodworkers, roboticists, and many others. They are young people engaging in hands-on projects that introduce them to science and technology in creative ways. Makers are also adults who see themselves as inventors and experimentalists. Some have PhDs and others are self-educated. Makers are practicing a craft or challenging themselves to learn a new hobby. They are creative problem-solvers who gain the confidence that they can tackle ever-larger problems.
At this next startup weekend we expect to see over 100 hackers of all sorts - makers, developers, designers and hustlers - come together to build 10+ companies over the course of one weekend. We expect to see a bunch of companies that blend the boundaries between hardware and software, IOT devices, and beautifully designed prototypes. It will be a ton of fun and we guarantee you’ll make a friend or two!
For a Standard Ticket of $75, you'll receive:
- Space to work for the weekend at the beautiful Columbus Idea Foundry.
- A "How to Make Anything 101" class at the Idea Foundry ($25 value).
- Access to a community of entrepreneurs and mentors (even more coming soon!).
- Access to expert makers from the Idea Foundry to help you with manufacture and design.
- 3 dinners, 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts.
- A sweet t-shirt.
- All the coffee, soda, energy drinks, and water you could ever need.
- An amazing experience and chance to get a taste of the startup world.
What are you waiting for? Get your ticket now!
- Conferences IMN: The Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (East)
- Conferences NASCO Continental Reunion: Preserving the Past & Inspiring the Future
- Conferences AUTOLEX AUTOMOTIVE LEGAL FORUM on November 8, 2017
- July 22, 2021 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Benchmark Litigation’s 2021 “40 and Under Hot List”
- July 22, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in Chambers 2021 High Net Worth Guide
- July 22, 2021 Industry Alerts Kris Beecher Featured on Minutes on the Matter on United States v. Cooley
- July 21, 2021 Industry Alerts DW-China Trade Update (38th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十八期)
- July 20, 2021 Media Mentions Rose Willis Quoted by Modern Healthcare on Right-to-Repair Executive Order's Impact on Healthcare Costs
- July 20, 2021 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton Featured in Canadian Lawyer Magazine on New Federal Privacy Legislation