- Speaking Engagements
The Parliament of Canada, Parliament Hill - Room 160-S, Centre Block , Ottawa, Ontario
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
from 9:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
at: The Parliament of Canada
Parliament Hill - Room 160-S, Centre Block
Ottawa, ON Canada
Brenda Swick (Partner, Toronto) has been invited to be a panelist at the Senate Open Caucus on the benefits and challenges related to the modernization of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
The Open Caucus was first established in 2014 when Senate Liberals opened their Caucus doors to the public on Wednesday mornings. Now, the Independent Senators Group (ISG) and the Independent Senate Liberals are co-sponsoring discussions on issues of national importance. This non-partisan collaboration brings together two groups representing the majority of the Senate’s current membership. We also open our doors to all Parliamentarians, members of the public, and the media.
This particular meeting will take place on Wednesday, October 18th, from 9:15 a.m. -11:15 a.m. in Room 160-S, Centre Block. NAFTA created a highly integrated system amongst the three member states with many economic benefits.
There is a need for a readjustment of the NAFTA which addresses major shifts in the global climate. With the current negotiations underway it is important that Canadians are informed of the challenges and rewards that will come with a modernized agreement. This new agreement will have to address a wide range of sectors and issues, such as: supply management, investment, intellectual property, telecommunications, e-commerce, the environment, freedom of movement, energy, rules of origin, and dispute resolution and much more. Considering the complexities involved in renegotiating this expansive trade agreement we ask the question: how will a modernized NAFTA impact Canadians and Canada’s relationship with our North American partners?
- Seminars Tech Day on Parliament Hill on October 3, 2017
- Conferences WBE Canada National Summit September 28, 2017
- Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 17: Canada Continues Push for Single-Game Sports Betting
- December 15, 2022 Webinars Two New Tools to Enforce and Defend Your Company’s Trademark Rights
- December 07, 2022 Webinars Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court -- Let's Explore the New European Patent Universe
- November 30, 2022 In the News Forty Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named DBusiness 2023 Top Lawyers
- November 29, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- November 23, 2022 Industry Alerts Caleb Green recently spoke on the panel "The New Business Models: More Remote Work Brings More Significant Physical and Cybersecurity Issues"
- November 17, 2022 Industry Alerts Asset Protection Newsletter Series Presented by Dickinson Wright, PLLC