- Krieger, John L.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 600 Dulany Street Global Intellectual Property Academy , Alexandria, Virginia, 22314
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
at: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
600 Dulany Street - Global Intellectual Property Academy
Alexandria , VA 22314
John Krieger (Member, Las Vegas) will speak at the following two sessions at the Roundtable on IP and International Trade Shows: Session 4 (Case Study: Removing Infringing Goods from a Trade Show (1:15 pm - 2:15 pm) and Session 6: Final Thoughts (3:45 pm - 4:15 pm). The Global Intellectual Property Academy provides intellectual property training i a variety of different topics that focus primarily on enforcement, patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
To register and for more details, please click here.
Trade shows can provide opportunities for both the willful and unintentional infringement of intellectual property (IP) rights. The transient nature of these events presents challenges for rights holders to discover the infringement, take action against it, or, in some cases, even determine against whom to assert their legal rights.
The USPTO is hosting this public roundtable to discuss approaches, strategies, and effective practices for addressing the kinds of infringement that most often occur at trade fairs and shows, including the infringement of copyrights, designs, patents, and trademarks. Topics to be explored will include:
- how U.S. government agencies and the courts can be used effectively when IP rights are infringed at a trade show,
- legal measures and strategies available to rights holders before, during, and after a trade show,
- recent and anticipated trends and challenges faced by rights holders and trade show operators.
In addition, speakers—who will represent academia, civil and criminal litigation practice, rights holder and industry associations, and the U.S. government—will offer their insights, along with case studies and legal strategies that have been successfully employed to remove allegedly infringing goods from a trade show venue.
- Webinars Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies
- Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies | 電気および自動運転車技術におけるソフトウェアの知的財産の保護
- Conferences 22nd Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute on November 2-3, 2017
- November 4-5, 2021 Webinars Dickinson Wright Health Law Virtual Summit
- October 26, 2021 In the News Thomas McNeill Named a “2021 Leader in the Law” by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- October 25, 2021 Media Mentions Dickinson Wright Featured in The New York Times
- October 21, 2021 Media Mentions Flavia Campbell Appointed as Member of Global Chamber Phoenix Advisory Board
- October 20, 2021 Webinars North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation
- October 20, 2021 Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation | 北米の電動化への動き: 東アジアではどうなるのか