- Krieger, John L.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 600 Dulany Street Global Intellectual Property Academy , Alexandria, Virginia, 22314
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
at: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
600 Dulany Street - Global Intellectual Property Academy
Alexandria , VA 22314
John Krieger (Member, Las Vegas) will speak at the following two sessions at the Roundtable on IP and International Trade Shows: Session 4 (Case Study: Removing Infringing Goods from a Trade Show (1:15 pm - 2:15 pm) and Session 6: Final Thoughts (3:45 pm - 4:15 pm). The Global Intellectual Property Academy provides intellectual property training i a variety of different topics that focus primarily on enforcement, patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
To register and for more details, please click here.
Trade shows can provide opportunities for both the willful and unintentional infringement of intellectual property (IP) rights. The transient nature of these events presents challenges for rights holders to discover the infringement, take action against it, or, in some cases, even determine against whom to assert their legal rights.
The USPTO is hosting this public roundtable to discuss approaches, strategies, and effective practices for addressing the kinds of infringement that most often occur at trade fairs and shows, including the infringement of copyrights, designs, patents, and trademarks. Topics to be explored will include:
- how U.S. government agencies and the courts can be used effectively when IP rights are infringed at a trade show,
- legal measures and strategies available to rights holders before, during, and after a trade show,
- recent and anticipated trends and challenges faced by rights holders and trade show operators.
In addition, speakers—who will represent academia, civil and criminal litigation practice, rights holder and industry associations, and the U.S. government—will offer their insights, along with case studies and legal strategies that have been successfully employed to remove allegedly infringing goods from a trade show venue.
- June 27, 2018 Webinars Environmental Webinar June 27, 2018 - How Standard is Standard? Not all Environmental Due Diligence is Created Equal
- June 20, 2018 Seminars CUSBA "Cross-Border Mobility of People and Goods: Challenges and Solutions"
- June 19, 2018 In the News Attorney Jessica Wood Joins Dickinson Wright's Grand Rapids Office
- June 19, 2018 Industry Alerts Trade, Tariffs and Trouble (Part III)
- June 19, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Timothy McCulloch Quoted in the CNBC Article “Senators Gardner and Warren Release Bipartisan Marijuana Bill That Prioritizes States' Rights”
- June 18, 2018 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers
- June 14, 2018 Special Events Dickinson Wright Washington D.C. Client Appreciation Reception on June 14, 2018
- June 14, 2018 In the News Attorney John Desmond Reappointed to the Nevada Supreme Court Access to Justice Commission
- June 14, 2018 In the News Attorney Scott A. Petz Selected to America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®