- Krieger, John L.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 600 Dulany Street Global Intellectual Property Academy , Alexandria, Virginia, 22314
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
at: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
600 Dulany Street - Global Intellectual Property Academy
Alexandria , VA 22314
John Krieger (Member, Las Vegas) will speak at the following two sessions at the Roundtable on IP and International Trade Shows: Session 4 (Case Study: Removing Infringing Goods from a Trade Show (1:15 pm - 2:15 pm) and Session 6: Final Thoughts (3:45 pm - 4:15 pm). The Global Intellectual Property Academy provides intellectual property training i a variety of different topics that focus primarily on enforcement, patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
To register and for more details, please click here.
Trade shows can provide opportunities for both the willful and unintentional infringement of intellectual property (IP) rights. The transient nature of these events presents challenges for rights holders to discover the infringement, take action against it, or, in some cases, even determine against whom to assert their legal rights.
The USPTO is hosting this public roundtable to discuss approaches, strategies, and effective practices for addressing the kinds of infringement that most often occur at trade fairs and shows, including the infringement of copyrights, designs, patents, and trademarks. Topics to be explored will include:
- how U.S. government agencies and the courts can be used effectively when IP rights are infringed at a trade show,
- legal measures and strategies available to rights holders before, during, and after a trade show,
- recent and anticipated trends and challenges faced by rights holders and trade show operators.
In addition, speakers—who will represent academia, civil and criminal litigation practice, rights holder and industry associations, and the U.S. government—will offer their insights, along with case studies and legal strategies that have been successfully employed to remove allegedly infringing goods from a trade show venue.
- Webinars Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies
- Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies | 電気および自動運転車技術におけるソフトウェアの知的財産の保護
- Conferences 22nd Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute on November 2-3, 2017
- May 23, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Welcomes Its Summer Class of 2022
- May 18, 2022 Industry Alerts UPDATE: FEC Candidate Loan Repayment Limitation Ruled Unconstitutional in Supreme Court Decision
- May 16, 2022 Media Mentions Kris Beecher Quoted by AZ Central on Tribal Voters
- May 13, 2022 In the News Aaron Burrell Named a “2022 40 Under 40” Honoree by Michigan Chronicle
- May 11, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by 10 WBNS on Ohio's New Overtime Law
- May 09, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Law360 on Tips for Helping Workers Navigate Mental Health Challenges