- Krieger, John L.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 600 Dulany Street Global Intellectual Property Academy , Alexandria, Virginia, 22314
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
at: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
600 Dulany Street - Global Intellectual Property Academy
Alexandria , VA 22314
John Krieger (Member, Las Vegas) will speak at the following two sessions at the Roundtable on IP and International Trade Shows: Session 4 (Case Study: Removing Infringing Goods from a Trade Show (1:15 pm - 2:15 pm) and Session 6: Final Thoughts (3:45 pm - 4:15 pm). The Global Intellectual Property Academy provides intellectual property training i a variety of different topics that focus primarily on enforcement, patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
To register and for more details, please click here.
Trade shows can provide opportunities for both the willful and unintentional infringement of intellectual property (IP) rights. The transient nature of these events presents challenges for rights holders to discover the infringement, take action against it, or, in some cases, even determine against whom to assert their legal rights.
The USPTO is hosting this public roundtable to discuss approaches, strategies, and effective practices for addressing the kinds of infringement that most often occur at trade fairs and shows, including the infringement of copyrights, designs, patents, and trademarks. Topics to be explored will include:
- how U.S. government agencies and the courts can be used effectively when IP rights are infringed at a trade show,
- legal measures and strategies available to rights holders before, during, and after a trade show,
- recent and anticipated trends and challenges faced by rights holders and trade show operators.
In addition, speakers—who will represent academia, civil and criminal litigation practice, rights holder and industry associations, and the U.S. government—will offer their insights, along with case studies and legal strategies that have been successfully employed to remove allegedly infringing goods from a trade show venue.
- May 30, 2019 Webinars Global Chamber USMCA/NAFTA Update: Shifting Issues & Challenges Webinar
- May 22, 2019 Webinars Top 10 Corporate Immigration Compliance Risks Webinar
- May 22, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2019 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- May 21, 2019 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host "Business in the Borderplex" Event in El Paso
- May 21, 2019 In the News Benton Bodamer Selected as a "40 Under 40" Honoree by Columbus Business First
- May 21, 2019 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2019 IP Stars
- May 17, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 3
- May 2019 Industry Alerts The Disconnect Between Implementation of V2V Communication and the V2V Technology Employed to Achieve It
- May 16, 2019 In the News Jacqueline Lu Joins Dickinson Wright's Austin Office