- Krieger, John L.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 600 Dulany Street Global Intellectual Property Academy , Alexandria, Virginia, 22314
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
at: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
600 Dulany Street - Global Intellectual Property Academy
Alexandria , VA 22314
John Krieger (Member, Las Vegas) will speak at the following two sessions at the Roundtable on IP and International Trade Shows: Session 4 (Case Study: Removing Infringing Goods from a Trade Show (1:15 pm - 2:15 pm) and Session 6: Final Thoughts (3:45 pm - 4:15 pm). The Global Intellectual Property Academy provides intellectual property training i a variety of different topics that focus primarily on enforcement, patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
To register and for more details, please click here.
Trade shows can provide opportunities for both the willful and unintentional infringement of intellectual property (IP) rights. The transient nature of these events presents challenges for rights holders to discover the infringement, take action against it, or, in some cases, even determine against whom to assert their legal rights.
The USPTO is hosting this public roundtable to discuss approaches, strategies, and effective practices for addressing the kinds of infringement that most often occur at trade fairs and shows, including the infringement of copyrights, designs, patents, and trademarks. Topics to be explored will include:
- how U.S. government agencies and the courts can be used effectively when IP rights are infringed at a trade show,
- legal measures and strategies available to rights holders before, during, and after a trade show,
- recent and anticipated trends and challenges faced by rights holders and trade show operators.
In addition, speakers—who will represent academia, civil and criminal litigation practice, rights holder and industry associations, and the U.S. government—will offer their insights, along with case studies and legal strategies that have been successfully employed to remove allegedly infringing goods from a trade show venue.
- November 17-19, 2019 Conferences 2019 PrimeTime Sports Management Conference
- October 22, 2019 Seminars International Insight: Succeeding in Canada Seminar | Bloomfield Hills
- October 21, 2019 Conferences IMN: The Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (East)
- October 17, 2019 Seminars The Future of Energy: The North American Competitive Advantage
- October 11, 2019 Industry Alerts Ohio Department of Agriculture Releases Proposed Rules for the State’s Hemp Program
- October 2019 Industry Alerts Michigan Court of Appeals Holds that Violating Code of Ethics a Legitimate, Non-Discriminatory Reason for Termination
- October 2019 Industry Alerts Third Party Determinations in Michigan
- October 2019 Industry Alerts Summary of Automotive Provisions of USMCA*
- October 8, 2019 In the News Lloyd Pierre-Louis Joins Dickinson Wright's Columbus Office as a Member