Lorman Webinar on Buy-Sell Agreements, Feb 2, 2017
- High, Mark R.
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Feb, 2, 2017
1 pm to 2:30 pm EST
Learn about the complexities of preparing and drafting successful buy-sell agreements and how to avoid common mistakes.
Every closely held entity (corporate, LLC, or partnership) that has more than one owner should have a buy-sell agreement. This document establishes the ground rules for determining when a shareholder or member can sell her shares, when she must sell her shares, and when she can require another shareholder or member to sell its shares. Valuation issues, successorship issues, governance issues, funding issues, change-in-control issues, even confidentiality and non-compete issues can all be addressed in a single document. Learn about the opportunities, and perils, inherent in a document that is too often treated as a fill-in-the-blanks form, if it is considered at all, from a member of the ABA Section of Business Law's committee drafting a model shareholder agreement.
- You will be able to define equity transfer restrictions.
- You will be able to describe options for funding buy-outs triggered by unexpected events.
- You will be able to identify and address ethical concerns that can arise in working with closely held companies.
- You will be able to discuss multiple ways for determining a company's value over time.
- Webinars Best Practices for Drafting Buy-Sell Agreements Among Shareholders or Members Webinar on October 17, 2017
- May 25, 2023 In the News David Coscarella Joins Dickinson Wright LLP
- May 2023 Industry Alerts Framework of Dodd-Frank Act "Clawback" Policy (Finally) Coming into Focus
- May 2023 Industry Alerts 更新情報：Form I-9のリモートフレキシビリティ制度が2023年7月31日に終了／対面での審査を8月30日までに実施する必要－その理由は？
- May 24, 2023 In the News Flavia Campbell Named to Latino Leaders Rising Stars 2023 List
- May 19, 2023 In the News Kathleen Campbell Walker Named to the 2023 Lawdragon 100 Leading Immigration Lawyers Guide
- May 17, 2023 In the News Daniel Waldman recently authored in Real Estate EXchange (RENX), "Commercial Landlord Alert! Tenants hurt by shutdowns may be entitled to rent-free extensions.”
- May 17, 2023 Media Mentions Joseph Silvia has been quoted in the S&P Global article, “U.S. Bancorp increases branch closures to community group's dismay.”
- May 17, 2023 Industry Alerts Plugged In: An EV Newsletter Vol 1 No 5