- High, Mark R.
Feb, 2, 2017
1 pm to 2:30 pm EST
Learn about the complexities of preparing and drafting successful buy-sell agreements and how to avoid common mistakes.
Every closely held entity (corporate, LLC, or partnership) that has more than one owner should have a buy-sell agreement. This document establishes the ground rules for determining when a shareholder or member can sell her shares, when she must sell her shares, and when she can require another shareholder or member to sell its shares. Valuation issues, successorship issues, governance issues, funding issues, change-in-control issues, even confidentiality and non-compete issues can all be addressed in a single document. Learn about the opportunities, and perils, inherent in a document that is too often treated as a fill-in-the-blanks form, if it is considered at all, from a member of the ABA Section of Business Law's committee drafting a model shareholder agreement.
- You will be able to define equity transfer restrictions.
- You will be able to describe options for funding buy-outs triggered by unexpected events.
- You will be able to identify and address ethical concerns that can arise in working with closely held companies.
- You will be able to discuss multiple ways for determining a company's value over time.
- Webinars Best Practices for Drafting Buy-Sell Agreements Among Shareholders or Members Webinar on October 17, 2017
- February 3, 2021 Webinars It's Not too Late to Ask for Help: Options for Owners as the Pandemic (Hopefully) Winds Down
- February 2, 2021 Webinars CUSBA Presents 9th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast
- January 22, 2021 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver, Gregory Gemignani, and Patrick Sullivan Quoted on Biden Administration Predictions
- January 21, 2021 Webinars Back to the Future: Biden’s Plans for Environmental Regulation and How it Affects Your Business
- January 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Assists Molded Devices Inc. in its acquisition of Phoenix Manufacturing Ltd.
- January 20, 2021 In the News Nan B. Braley Joins Dickinson Wright Austin Office
- January 19, 2021 Industry Alerts Ohio Governor Signs “Alternate Employer Organization” Legislation
- January 15, 2021 In the News Flavia Campbell Named a Top 100 Lawyer in Arizona by Az Business