- High, Mark R.
Feb, 2, 2017
1 pm to 2:30 pm EST
Learn about the complexities of preparing and drafting successful buy-sell agreements and how to avoid common mistakes.
Every closely held entity (corporate, LLC, or partnership) that has more than one owner should have a buy-sell agreement. This document establishes the ground rules for determining when a shareholder or member can sell her shares, when she must sell her shares, and when she can require another shareholder or member to sell its shares. Valuation issues, successorship issues, governance issues, funding issues, change-in-control issues, even confidentiality and non-compete issues can all be addressed in a single document. Learn about the opportunities, and perils, inherent in a document that is too often treated as a fill-in-the-blanks form, if it is considered at all, from a member of the ABA Section of Business Law's committee drafting a model shareholder agreement.
- You will be able to define equity transfer restrictions.
- You will be able to describe options for funding buy-outs triggered by unexpected events.
- You will be able to identify and address ethical concerns that can arise in working with closely held companies.
- You will be able to discuss multiple ways for determining a company's value over time.
- August 15, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Wendy Hulton Interviewed on City TV
- August 15, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News : Volume 11, Number 7
- August 15, 2018 In the News 169 Dickinson Wright Attorneys Ranked in Best Lawyers in America® 2019
- August 15, 2018 In the News Thirteen Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America® 2019 Lawyers of the Year
- August 14, 2018 In the News Attorney Stephen Mason Joins Dickinson Wright's Austin Office as a Member
- August 13, 2018 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Nicholas Angelocci Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- August 8, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Names Five Attorneys as Division Directors
- August 7, 2018 In the News Attorney Kathryn Wood Named a "2018 Women in the Law" Honoree by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- August 7, 2018 In the News Attorney Michael Feder Elected Board Member of Two Las Vegas Organizations