- High, Mark R.
Feb, 2, 2017
1 pm to 2:30 pm EST
Learn about the complexities of preparing and drafting successful buy-sell agreements and how to avoid common mistakes.
Every closely held entity (corporate, LLC, or partnership) that has more than one owner should have a buy-sell agreement. This document establishes the ground rules for determining when a shareholder or member can sell her shares, when she must sell her shares, and when she can require another shareholder or member to sell its shares. Valuation issues, successorship issues, governance issues, funding issues, change-in-control issues, even confidentiality and non-compete issues can all be addressed in a single document. Learn about the opportunities, and perils, inherent in a document that is too often treated as a fill-in-the-blanks form, if it is considered at all, from a member of the ABA Section of Business Law's committee drafting a model shareholder agreement.
- You will be able to define equity transfer restrictions.
- You will be able to describe options for funding buy-outs triggered by unexpected events.
- You will be able to identify and address ethical concerns that can arise in working with closely held companies.
- You will be able to discuss multiple ways for determining a company's value over time.
- March 07, 2019 Webinars The Anatomy of the Label and Package for Retail Food Products – A Legal Minefield
- February 24 - 27, 2019 Conferences International Franchise Business Roundtables - International Franchise Association 2019 Convention
- February 21, 2019 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in Fantini's Public Policy Review Abou the Wire Act
- February 20, 2019 Media Mentions Mahesh Nayak Interviewed for Michigan Lawyers Weekly's "A Sidebar With" Feature
- February 2019 Industry Alerts USCIS Publishes Final Rule on H-1B Registration and Scheme for a More Effective H-1B Program
- February 19, 2019 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Laura Moskowitz Joins Dickinson Wright's Washington, D.C. Office
- February 19, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2019
- February 2019 Industry Alerts The IRS and the FICA, FUTA and Federal Income Tax Traps for Employers with Non-Resident Alien Employees
- February 18, 2019 In the News Monica Labe and Katheryne Zelenock Named to Crain's Detroit Business "Notable Women in Real Estate"