- High, Mark R.
From 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Learn about the complexities of preparing and drafting successful buy-sell agreements and how to avoid common mistakes.
Mark High (Member, Detroit) will present this informative webinar on the complexities of preparing and drafting successful buy-sell agreements and how to avoid common mistakes.
Every closely held entity (corporate, LLC, or partnership) that has more than one owner should have a buy-sell agreement. This document establishes the ground rules for determining when a shareholder or member can sell her shares, when she must sell her shares, and when she can require another shareholder or member to sell its shares. Valuation issues, successorship issues, governance issues, funding issues, change-in-control issues, even confidentiality and noncompete issues can all be addressed in a single document. Learn about the opportunities, and perils, inherent in a document that is too often treated as a fill-in-the-blanks form, if it is considered at all, from a member of the ABA Section of Business Law's committee drafting a model shareholder agreement.
- You will be able to define equity transfer restrictions.
- You will be able to describe options for funding buy-outs triggered by unexpected events.
- You will be able to identify and address ethical concerns that can arise in working with closely held companies.
- You will be able to discuss multiple ways for determining a company's value over time.
Special Offer - Save 50% by utilizing the discount code: Priority Code 15999 / Discount Code T6968535.
Register today by clicking here.
- March 07, 2019 Webinars The Anatomy of the Label and Package for Retail Food Products – A Legal Minefield
- February 13, 2019 Speaking Engagements Doeren Mayhew M&A Breakfast Roundtable: Playing Your Trump Card
- February 13, 2019 Speaking Engagements Attorney Bill Rosin Speaks at Doeren Mayhew M&A Breakfast Roundtable: Playing Your Trump Card
- February 13, 2019 Media Mentions Gregory Moore Quoted in Crain's Detroit Business Article on Michigan's Mental Health Code
- February 12, 2019 Media Mentions Tim Gary Quoted in Accountable Care News "Thoughts Leaders' Corner"
- February 12, 2019 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Timothy Clise Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- February 11, 2019 In the News Scott Holcomb Presented “Procurement Simplified and Examined: Understanding Terms, Time and Thought Behind the Process” at the 2019 Risk Management Summit
- February 11, 2019 In the News Austen Adams and Cam Caldwell Close Filmore Deal
- February 11, 2019 Media Mentions Jonathan Redway Quoted in Wired Article on AT&T 5G Claims