Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Environmental Lender Liability: Identifying Risks and Opportunities LIVE Webcast.
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET
Dickinson Wright attorney, Kelly M. Martorano (Of Counsel, Detroit & Troy) will speak at the Knowledge Group's webcast.
Under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act ("CERCLA"), lenders acquiring a contaminated property through foreclosure, are exempted from the perils of environmental liability. The exemption, which is commonly referred to as the Secured Creditor Exemption (SCE), creates a safe harbor for lenders against the CERCLA cleanup liability. However, a lender may only be covered and protected from environmental liability under the SCE, if it only holds the contaminated property as security for debt, and not for the facility's long-term profit.
In this LIVE webcast, a seasoned panel of thought leaders and professionals brought together by The Knowledge Group will provide and present to the audience an in-depth analysis of the fundamentals and all important issues in Environmental Lender Liability. Speakers will go beyond the basics and present their expert thoughts and opinions on the risks and potential opportunities surrounding this significant topic.
Key topics include:
· Environmental Lender Liability - An Overview.
· The Secured Creditor Exemption.
· The CERCLA Liability.
· Scope and Limitations of CERCLA.
· Identifying Risks and Common Pitfalls.
· Recent Trends, Developments, and Updates.
- September 30, 2022 In the News Benjamin Sobczak Elected to State Bar of Michigan’s Cannabis Law Section Council
- September 30, 2022 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2023 Edition of Chambers Canada
- September 27, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment 2022 Edition
- September 26, 2022 Blogs 移民局、コロナ禍の署名方針を恒久化へ | USCIS Makes Covid-19 Signature Policy Permanent
- September 26, 2022 Industry Alerts TTAB's Precedential Opinion in In re County of Orange Affirms Refusal of Registering Orange County's Unofficial Insignia
- September 23, 2022 In the News Caleb Green Recognized by the Washington Bar Association and National Bar Association as a 2022 Power 100 Honoree
- September 23, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2022 Texas Super Lawyers
- September 21, 2022 Media Mentions Andrew Dorisio was recently quoted in the Business Lexington article, "Protecting your IP in the digital age,"
- September 19, 2022 In the News James Stranges Joins Dickinson Wright Toronto Office as a Partner