The Canadian government will apply tariffs on $12.8 billion worth of U.S. goods effective July 1 in response to the U.S. Section 232 tariffs on steel and aluminum, Canadian Foreign Affiars Minister Chrystia Freeland announced on May 31.
We'll cover the following topics:
- New Anti-circumvention measures imposed by Canada on imports of steel and aluminum to prevent diversion of shipments to U.S.
- New Canadian antidumping cases on steel
- Canadian list of products subject to retaliatory duties - what Canadian importers should be doing to minimize their risk and exposure
- What happens next
The webinar is complimentary but registration is required. We look forward to your participation.
Can't attend? Sign up anyway and we'll send you the recording.
To view the full webinar, please click here.
- June 5, 2019 Webinars Global Chamber USMCA/NAFTA Update: Shifting Issues & Challenges Webinar
- February 5, 2019 Seminars Canada-United States Business Association 7th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast
- January 2019 Industry Alerts January 2 Marks the Comment Deadline on the USCIS Proposed Changes to the H-1B Visa Lottery Process – Now What?
- Fall/Winter 2018 Media Mentions Dan Ujczo Authors Current Magazine Article on USMCA and the Great Lakes Region
- October 15, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Dan Ujczo Interviewed on CBC Regarding the USMCA
- September 28, 2018 Industry Alerts Canada, Cannabis, and Crossing the Continent: Considerations for Canada-U.S. Companies, Business Travelers, and Investors
- September 24, 2018 Webinars Untying the Trying Times of Tariffs - The Product Exclusion Process Webinar on September 24, 2018
- September 24, 2018 Webinars KNOW the NEW NAFTA Webinar on September 24, 2018
- August 28, 2018 Seminars Taxes, Tariffs and Trade Panel Discussion on August, 28, 2018