- Jodka, Sara H.
Join Dickinson Wright’s Sara Jodka (Member, Columbus) for an overview of California’s and Nevada’s new Consumer Privacy laws, with an overview of both laws, including a comparison between their requirements and the requirements of the GDPR. However, the main focus will be identifying the specific tasks companies need to be focusing on and accomplishing across various departments in their businesses to be compliant by January 1, 2020 and October 1, 2019, respectively. This will include identifying items for IT, the C-Suite, regulatory and compliance, etc. The goal of this webinar is to leave attendees with specific step-by-step items to address in the remaining months before the laws go into effect to help their compliance initiatives seem less daunting and more manageable.
- September 2019 Industry Alerts CCPA Amendments Pass Adding Some Clarity to Scope and Industry Breathing Room, Especially to B2B Businesses
- September 2019 Industry Alerts Nevada's New Privacy Bill Requires Website Operators That Collect Information About Consumers to Update Privacy Policies by October 1, 2019
- August 30, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by Law.com on Amazon Data Collection
- August 28, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by Law.com on Recording Consent Laws
- July 15, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by TheLaw.com on Amazon Alexa Recordings
- July 15, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Wall Street Journal Article on Federal Cybersecurity Help for Cities, States
- May 24, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by InvestmentNews Regarding Redtail Data Leak
- April 5, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Bloomberg Article on Health Data Privacy Laws
- January 2019 Industry Alerts With Everyone Being the Victim of a Data Breach, the Illinois Supreme Court’s Decision Not Requiring Actual Harm to Pursue a Claim for Improper Collection of Biometric Data May Give a Hint of the Future