- Jodka, Sara H.
Join Dickinson Wright’s Sara Jodka (Member, Columbus) for an overview of California’s and Nevada’s new Consumer Privacy laws, with an overview of both laws, including a comparison between their requirements and the requirements of the GDPR. However, the main focus will be identifying the specific tasks companies need to be focusing on and accomplishing across various departments in their businesses to be compliant by January 1, 2020 and October 1, 2019, respectively. This will include identifying items for IT, the C-Suite, regulatory and compliance, etc. The goal of this webinar is to leave attendees with specific step-by-step items to address in the remaining months before the laws go into effect to help their compliance initiatives seem less daunting and more manageable.
- July 15, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Wall Street Journal Article on Federal Cybersecurity Help for Cities, States
- May 24, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by InvestmentNews Regarding Redtail Data Leak
- April 5, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Bloomberg Article on Health Data Privacy Laws
- January 2019 Industry Alerts With Everyone Being the Victim of a Data Breach, the Illinois Supreme Court’s Decision Not Requiring Actual Harm to Pursue a Claim for Improper Collection of Biometric Data May Give a Hint of the Future
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Cybersecurity Update: First SEC Enforcement Action Involving the Identity Theft Red Flags Rule Results in Settlement
- October 2018 Industry Alerts An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: Ohio’s Data Protection Act Becomes Effective November 1, 2018
- July 2018 Industry Alerts California’s Data Privacy Law: What It Is and How to Comply (A Step-By-Step Guide)
- June 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Sara Jodka Interviewed in the CIO Dive Article, “No Company Wants to Become the ‘Guinea Pig’ of GDPR”
- April 18, 2018 - April 19, 2018 Conferences Incident Response Forum 2018 on April 18, 2018