- Garsson, Ross Spencer.
Four Seasons Hotel, 98 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, Texas, 78701-4082
Thursday - Friday, November 2 - 3, 2017
at: Four Seasons Hotel
98 San Jacinto Blvd
Austin, TX 78701-4082
Ross Spencer Garsson (Member, Austin) presents the topic, 'The "New" On-Sale Bar Under the AIA'. Ross will discuss the change of the on-sale bar rule under the AIA and the impact of the Federal Circuit’s decision in Helsinn Healthcare S.A. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. regarding “secret” sales and offers for sale as prior art under Section 102 (post-AIA). The presentation takes place on Friday, November 3 at 2:20 p.m.
UT Law's 22nd Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute in Austin covers the latest developments in patent law and features a sophisticated array of prosecution and litigation topics. Hear from nationally recognized faculty including senior IP counsel of major corporations, patent prosecution and litigation experts from around the nation, U.S. District Court Judges, and leading academics. This year’s program features:
- A review of the year’s key Federal Circuit and Supreme Court cases by Mark A. Lemley, Stanford Law School
- A discussion on the Evolving Patent Valuation Landscape and the interplay between innovation and the rising costs of enforcement
- Section 101 and a look at how the courts and USPTO continue to apply Alice
- Strategies for strengthening your PTAB trial record for appeal
- Changes to the on-sale bar rule under the AIA
- Approaches for acquiring, managing, and asserting patent portfolios
- Emerging technologies and how they are impacting the legal landscape
- ITC trends and hot topics
- Patent litigation around the world and the growing popularity of jurisdictions like Canada, China and Germany
- Insight from sitting U.S. District Court Judges, including Judge Cathy Ann Bencivengo (SDCA), Judge Mitchell S. Goldberg (EDPA) and Judge Robert W. Schroeder III (EDTX) and their experiences hearing patent cases
- A Friday Breakfast Presentation, hosted by Women in IP, on the Ethical Considerations of Career Transitions
- 3.25 hours of ethics, including presentations on Patent Prosecution and Malpractice, and Recent Developments in Attorney-Client Privilege in Patent Litigation
- Multiple networking opportunities with program faculty and fellow practitioners, including the Thursday Evening Networking Reception
Please register by clicking here.
Dickinson Wright is an event sponsor.
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Governor Snyder Implements Changes To Michigan’s Minimum Wage And Sick Leave Laws
- December 13, 2018 In the News Attorney Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Speaks at 45th Annual Global Symposium
- December 13, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in Racing Publication Articles on Sports Betting
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Cybersecurity Update: First SEC Enforcement Action Involving the Identity Theft Red Flags Rule Results in Settlement
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Tax Court Rules Against Cannabis Dispensary
- December 12, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Attorneys Work Recognized as Midwest Region Deal of the Year by The Bond Buyer
- December 12, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Richard Friedlander Quoted in AZ Business Article on the Legal Industry
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Congress Has Gotten Way Ahead of NHTSA on Drafting Standards for Safe Highly Automated Vehicles
- December 6, 2018 Webinars Telemedicine Hot Topics for Providers and Employers - What's Hot, What's Not, and What's New?