- Garsson, Ross Spencer.
Four Seasons Hotel, 98 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, Texas, 78701-4082
Thursday - Friday, November 2 - 3, 2017
at: Four Seasons Hotel
98 San Jacinto Blvd
Austin, TX 78701-4082
Ross Spencer Garsson (Member, Austin) presents the topic, 'The "New" On-Sale Bar Under the AIA'. Ross will discuss the change of the on-sale bar rule under the AIA and the impact of the Federal Circuit’s decision in Helsinn Healthcare S.A. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. regarding “secret” sales and offers for sale as prior art under Section 102 (post-AIA). The presentation takes place on Friday, November 3 at 2:20 p.m.
UT Law's 22nd Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute in Austin covers the latest developments in patent law and features a sophisticated array of prosecution and litigation topics. Hear from nationally recognized faculty including senior IP counsel of major corporations, patent prosecution and litigation experts from around the nation, U.S. District Court Judges, and leading academics. This year’s program features:
- A review of the year’s key Federal Circuit and Supreme Court cases by Mark A. Lemley, Stanford Law School
- A discussion on the Evolving Patent Valuation Landscape and the interplay between innovation and the rising costs of enforcement
- Section 101 and a look at how the courts and USPTO continue to apply Alice
- Strategies for strengthening your PTAB trial record for appeal
- Changes to the on-sale bar rule under the AIA
- Approaches for acquiring, managing, and asserting patent portfolios
- Emerging technologies and how they are impacting the legal landscape
- ITC trends and hot topics
- Patent litigation around the world and the growing popularity of jurisdictions like Canada, China and Germany
- Insight from sitting U.S. District Court Judges, including Judge Cathy Ann Bencivengo (SDCA), Judge Mitchell S. Goldberg (EDPA) and Judge Robert W. Schroeder III (EDTX) and their experiences hearing patent cases
- A Friday Breakfast Presentation, hosted by Women in IP, on the Ethical Considerations of Career Transitions
- 3.25 hours of ethics, including presentations on Patent Prosecution and Malpractice, and Recent Developments in Attorney-Client Privilege in Patent Litigation
- Multiple networking opportunities with program faculty and fellow practitioners, including the Thursday Evening Networking Reception
Please register by clicking here.
Dickinson Wright is an event sponsor.
- May 21, 2019 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host "Business in the Borderplex" Event in El Paso
- April 18, 2019 In the News Brenda Roubidoux Taylor Joins Dickinson Wright's Las Vegas Office
- April 2019 Industry Alerts How to Avoid Copyright Infringement of Online Image
- April 15, 2019 In the News Ten Practices in Dickinson Wright's Phoenix Office Ranked in the 2019 Ranking Arizona Guide
- April 15, 2019 Media Mentions Chantal Cipriano Quoted by Law Times on Single Event Sports Betting in Ontario
- April 11, 2019 Special Events 2019 ASPIRE Dealmakers Conference
- April 2019 Industry Alerts One Slip up can Cost you the Case: The Impact of the Supreme Court's Decision on Copyright Infringement Actions
- April 06, 2019 Special Events DCEA 38th Automotive Technology Conference Program
- April 05, 2019 Special Events Succeeding in Canada Seminar | Cincinnati