22nd Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute on November 2-3, 2017
- Garsson, Ross Spencer.
Four Seasons Hotel, 98 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, Texas, 78701-4082
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Thursday - Friday, November 2 - 3, 2017
at: Four Seasons Hotel
98 San Jacinto Blvd
Austin, TX 78701-4082
Ross Spencer Garsson (Member, Austin) presents the topic, 'The "New" On-Sale Bar Under the AIA'. Ross will discuss the change of the on-sale bar rule under the AIA and the impact of the Federal Circuit’s decision in Helsinn Healthcare S.A. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. regarding “secret” sales and offers for sale as prior art under Section 102 (post-AIA). The presentation takes place on Friday, November 3 at 2:20 p.m.
UT Law's 22nd Annual Advanced Patent Law Institute in Austin covers the latest developments in patent law and features a sophisticated array of prosecution and litigation topics. Hear from nationally recognized faculty including senior IP counsel of major corporations, patent prosecution and litigation experts from around the nation, U.S. District Court Judges, and leading academics. This year’s program features:
- A review of the year’s key Federal Circuit and Supreme Court cases by Mark A. Lemley, Stanford Law School
- A discussion on the Evolving Patent Valuation Landscape and the interplay between innovation and the rising costs of enforcement
- Section 101 and a look at how the courts and USPTO continue to apply Alice
- Strategies for strengthening your PTAB trial record for appeal
- Changes to the on-sale bar rule under the AIA
- Approaches for acquiring, managing, and asserting patent portfolios
- Emerging technologies and how they are impacting the legal landscape
- ITC trends and hot topics
- Patent litigation around the world and the growing popularity of jurisdictions like Canada, China and Germany
- Insight from sitting U.S. District Court Judges, including Judge Cathy Ann Bencivengo (SDCA), Judge Mitchell S. Goldberg (EDPA) and Judge Robert W. Schroeder III (EDTX) and their experiences hearing patent cases
- A Friday Breakfast Presentation, hosted by Women in IP, on the Ethical Considerations of Career Transitions
- 3.25 hours of ethics, including presentations on Patent Prosecution and Malpractice, and Recent Developments in Attorney-Client Privilege in Patent Litigation
- Multiple networking opportunities with program faculty and fellow practitioners, including the Thursday Evening Networking Reception
Please register by clicking here.
Dickinson Wright is an event sponsor.
- Industry Alerts Sovereign Shield Does Not Extend to Inter Partes Reviews
- Industry Alerts United States V. Arthrex: Inter Partes Review Decisions Now Reviewable by the PTO Director
- Conferences 41st Annual Conference on Immigration and Nationality Law on October 26-27, 2017
- March 29, 2023 In the News Joseph Silvia has been quoted in an article by MarketWatch, “Signature Bank provided critical services to law firms. Now they’re weighing their next move.”
- March 28, 2023 In the News Jacob Frenkel was featured recently in the CNBC Worldwide Exchange segment, "Two former SEC and Treasury officials discuss the Justice Department’s SVB investigation."
- March 27, 2023 Industry Alerts U.S. Supreme Court Decides Perez v. Sturgis Public Schools
- March 27, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Listed in Modern Healthcare’s 2023 Largest Law Firms
- March 22, 2023 Media Mentions Kris Beecher has been quoted in an article by the Arizona Republic, "Native leaders are watching new lawmaker who represents more than half of Arizona's tribes.”
- March 22, 2023 In the News Leslee Lewis Named a “Notable West Michigan Lawyer” by Crain’s Grand Rapids Business