- Walker, Kathleen Campbell.
AT&T Conference Center, The University of Texas at Austin, 1900 University Avenue, Austin, Texas
41st Annual Conference on Immigration and Nationality Law
on Thursday and Friday, Oct 26-27, 2017
AT&T Conference Center, The University of Texas at Austin, 1900 University Avenue, Austin, TX
Kathleen Walker (Member, El Paso) will be presenting on the topic: The Realization of "America First" and What it Means for Immigration Law, on October 26th at 8:30 am.
The Trump Administration has ushered in an era of optical security measures and further disruption of the current dysfunctional immigration process. DACA survival still is uncertain, while the extent of presidential power over immigration policy continues to be stretched to its uncertain limits. The America First mantra is impacting the position of the U.S. in competition for global talent and investment. On the home front, the federal courts are more critical than ever. Time for a crystal ball report.
In a changing political climate, navigating new policies, guidance and interpretations of the law is more important than ever. UT Law’s 41st Annual Conference on Immigration and Nationality Law is ideal for practitioners of all experience levels, and provides an opportunity hear the latest developments and to meet with and learn from nationally recognized experts. Interact with your fellow practitioners to hear how they are dealing with the tough issues of the day.
The 2-day program offers in-depth discussion on issues at the forefront of immigration practice, and provides tools, forms, tips and guidance on key decision points and strategies in family-based and employment-based immigration, including the increasing importance of removal and relief from removal. Gain strategies to provide the best advocacy for your clients while protecting yourself and your practice. •Gain practical insight into new immigration policies and the current political landscape.
•Review the latest Supreme Court, Fifth Circuit, and Board of Immigration Appeals cases and decisions.
•Know your rights at the border, and hear practical advice in how to protect you and your clients.
•Examine business-based immigration topics including an overview of work visas, a deeper dive into H1-B visas and common problems for employers, PERM processing, and worksite enforcement.
•Learn how to prepare for audits and raids and what to do once they occur.
•Review procedures, options and defenses for removal.
•Discuss how to avoid and address your client’s fraud or misrepresentation findings when dealing with the USCIS, DOS, and Immigration court.
•Interact with faculty, fellow practitioners and pro bono organization representatives during Thursday’s Networking Reception and Pro Bono Mixer.
Come a day early for the Fundamentals of Immigration and Nationality Law - ideal for new entrants to the field or as a refresher for experienced practitioners.
- Conferences 50th Annual Immigration and Naturalization Institute sponsored by the Practicing Law Institute in New York City on December 6
- Conferences 9th Annual Texas State Bar Business Disputes Course on September 7 and September 8, 2017
- Industry Alerts Critical COVID-19 Guidance for Certain Foreign Workers
- September 24, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked Number Two in Midwest Real Estate News “Best of the Best”
- September 23, 2020 Webinars Political and Policy Advocacy for 501[c](4) Organizations in Kentucky
- September 23, 2020 Industry Alerts DW China Trade Update (35th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十五期)
- September 23, 2020 Blogs 特急の審査が必要な雇用主・従業員のためのプレミアム・プロセスが今月再開します。| Premium Processing Resumes This Month for Desperate Employers and Their Employees
- September 2020 Blogs 米国移民局の予算危機と米国移民制度への潜在的影響 | The USCIS Budget Crisis and Its Potential Impact on the U.S. Immigration System
- September 18, 2020 In the News Fifty-Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2020 Michigan Super Lawyers, Twenty-Five Named Rising Stars