- Claus, Scot L.
Desert Willow Conference Center, 4340 E. Cotton Center Blvd., Phoenix, Arizona
THE MCBA PARALEGAL DIVISION’S 15th Anniversary MCBA Paralegal Conference
Friday, September 8, 2017
from 7:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.
at Desert Willow Conference Center
4340 E. Cotton Center Blvd.
Scot Claus (Member, Phoenix) will present the third breakout session, "Start Making Sense: What the Talking Heads Can Teach us About Opening Statements and Closing Arguments".
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Vince S. Goddard, Esq., Pinal County Attorney’s Office
“The Analysis of a Death Penalty Case: Getting it Right When Life and Death are at Stake”
First Breakout Session
Trial Track: “Did Your Lamb Turn into a Lion? Trial Preparation and Presentation Techniques for Large Complex Cases” - Tim Piganelli, Piganelli & Associates
Immigration Law: “Chasing Refuge: Current Issues in Asylum Law and Policy” - Sambo Dul, Esq., Perkins Coie LLP
Family Law: “To Have and To Hold: Drafting, Negotiating, and Challenging Prenuptial Agreements”- Jeff Pollitt, Esq., Jeffrey G. Pollitt PC
Second Breakout Session
Trial Track: “eDiscovery Under the New Rules: Swim Towards the Safe Harbors!” - Kenneth Withers, Deputy Executive Director of The Sedona Conference
Bonus Ethics Session: “The Good, The Bad and The ……Yeah" - Hon. William J. O’Neil, Supreme Court of Arizona
Employment Law: “The Impact of Proposition 206 on Arizona’s Workforce (Minimum Wage and Paid Time Off)” - Jodi R. Bohr, Esq., Gallagher & Kennedy
Third Breakout Session
Trial Track: “Start Making Sense: What the Talking Heads Can Teach us About Opening Statements and Closing Arguments” - Scot Claus, Esq., Dickinson Wright
Elder Law: “Care Planning for Parents, Spouses, Children and Clients” - Marsha Goodman, Esq., Frazer Ryan Goldberg & Arnold, LLP
“White Collar Crime, Scams, and Fraud: What Every Paralegal Should Know” - Flynn Carey, Esq., Mitchell Stein Carey
“Game of Thorny Ethics Questions”
Presenter: Patricia Sallen, Esq.
“Cyber Security 101, What You Should Know”
Presenter: David Grant, JD, CAPP/US, Associate General Counsel, Director of Privacy, Altep
Register by clicking here today!
- July 16, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Featured in Video Relating to the Recent Legalization of Sports Betting
- July 15- 16, 2018 Special Events Sparky Anderson CATCH Charity Golf Prelude Party and Golf Classic
- July 2018 Industry Alerts California’s Data Privacy Law: What It Is and How to Comply (A Step-By-Step Guide)
- July 2018 Industry Alerts New Section 301 Tariffs Proposed for $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- July 12, 2018 In the News Attorney Rock Wood Joins Dickinson Wright's Grand Rapids Office
- July 12, 2018 In the News Blake Atler Joins Dickinson Wright as Director of Finance
- July 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Marki Stewart Quoted in the Modern Healthcare Article, “States Expand Telemedicine to Allow Prescribing of Controlled Substances”
- July 11, 2018 In the News Derek Kaczmarek Elected Chair of State Bar of Arizona's Section of Taxation
- July 10, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Dan Ujczo Quoted in the Canadian Lawyer Article, “China Factor Looms Large as Trade Wars Heat Up”