- Whiffen, Trevor S.
Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, 1 Harbour Square, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 1A6
Sunday, November 12 to Tuesday, November 14, 2017
at: Westin Harbour Castle Hotel
1 Harbour Square
Toronto, ON, M5J 1A6 Canada
The 10th Annual PrimeTime Sports Management Conference and Trade Show organized and hosted by Dickinson Wright is scheduled for November 12-14, 2017, at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto. This event is the largest sports management conference held in Canada each year, and is one of the largest in North America. Last year, over 580 people attended the three-day event.
Trevor S. Whiffen (Partner, Toronto) is pleased to co-Chair the Conference again this year with Brian Burke, the President of Hockey Operations with the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League. We are fortunate to have attracted a spectacular group of Speakers from across the sports industry in Canada and the United States again this year. Thus far, there are 56 confirmed Speakers, including representatives from the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NLL, AHL, CFL, CHL, OHL, NBL, CWHL, NFLPA, NHLPA, NBPA, NLLPA, TSN, SportsNet, The Score, Nascar, the British Rugby League, Honda Indy, Canadian Open, Grey Cup, and the Invictus Games.
Members of Dickinson Wright are welcome to attend the Conference as complimentary Guests of the firm.
This year’s event will commence with a Welcome Reception on Sunday night, at which time we will honor Peter Luukko with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions as President of the Philadelphia 76ers, the Philadelphia Flyers, and the Florida Panthers. Sunday will also see 64 law students compete in an NHL Labour Arbitration Competition sponsored by the University of Toronto Law School, while 48 business students compete in a Business Case Competition.
The Conference line-up for Monday includes Keynote Interviews with Rene Fasel, the Executive Director of the International Ice Hockey Federation, and Commissioner Gary Bettman of the NHL. Monday will also include panel discussions covering a wide range of topics including League operations, player evaluations, legal issues in sport, challenges facing amateur sport, and a player agents roundtable to discuss contract negotiations.
The schedule for Tuesday will feature seven additional panel discussions involving the business side of sports, including television broadcast deals, building naming rights, sponsorship agreements, creative marketing strategies, hosting major sporting events, ticket sales, alternative revenue streams, and the use of digital technology and analytics to build sports brands and businesses.
We will also be hosting a Careers in Sports Workshop on Monday night, together with Networking Luncheons and Receptions each day.
To register and learn more about this event, please click here.
- August 20, 2019 Webinars Landslide Webinar Series: Integrating Trade Secret and Patent Strategies for Coordinated Protection: Pitfalls and Opportunities
- August 05, 2019 Seminars Estate Administration Procedures: Why Each Step is Important
- July 22, 2019 Webinars Strategies for Arbitration Agreements: Yay, Nay or How?
- July 17, 2019 Webinars A Step-by-Step Guide Through California's (and now Nevada's) Consumer Privacy Acts
- July 16, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in Chambers 2019 High Net Worth Guide
- July 16, 2019 In the News Geoffrey Farr Joins Dickinson Wright LLP as Partner
- July 15, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Wall Street Journal Article on Federal Cybersecurity Help for Cities, States
- July 10, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Announces Formation of Distressed Health Care Restructuring Group
- July 10, 2019 In the News Andre Poles Joins Dickinson Wright LLP as a Partner