- Whiffen, Trevor S.
Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, 1 Harbour Square, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 1A6
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Sunday, November 12 to Tuesday, November 14, 2017
at: Westin Harbour Castle Hotel
1 Harbour Square
Toronto, ON, M5J 1A6 Canada
The 10th Annual PrimeTime Sports Management Conference and Trade Show organized and hosted by Dickinson Wright is scheduled for November 12-14, 2017, at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto. This event is the largest sports management conference held in Canada each year, and is one of the largest in North America. Last year, over 580 people attended the three-day event.
Trevor S. Whiffen (Partner, Toronto) is pleased to co-Chair the Conference again this year with Brian Burke, the President of Hockey Operations with the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League. We are fortunate to have attracted a spectacular group of Speakers from across the sports industry in Canada and the United States again this year. Thus far, there are 56 confirmed Speakers, including representatives from the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NLL, AHL, CFL, CHL, OHL, NBL, CWHL, NFLPA, NHLPA, NBPA, NLLPA, TSN, SportsNet, The Score, Nascar, the British Rugby League, Honda Indy, Canadian Open, Grey Cup, and the Invictus Games.
Members of Dickinson Wright are welcome to attend the Conference as complimentary Guests of the firm.
This year’s event will commence with a Welcome Reception on Sunday night, at which time we will honor Peter Luukko with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions as President of the Philadelphia 76ers, the Philadelphia Flyers, and the Florida Panthers. Sunday will also see 64 law students compete in an NHL Labour Arbitration Competition sponsored by the University of Toronto Law School, while 48 business students compete in a Business Case Competition.
The Conference line-up for Monday includes Keynote Interviews with Rene Fasel, the Executive Director of the International Ice Hockey Federation, and Commissioner Gary Bettman of the NHL. Monday will also include panel discussions covering a wide range of topics including League operations, player evaluations, legal issues in sport, challenges facing amateur sport, and a player agents roundtable to discuss contract negotiations.
The schedule for Tuesday will feature seven additional panel discussions involving the business side of sports, including television broadcast deals, building naming rights, sponsorship agreements, creative marketing strategies, hosting major sporting events, ticket sales, alternative revenue streams, and the use of digital technology and analytics to build sports brands and businesses.
We will also be hosting a Careers in Sports Workshop on Monday night, together with Networking Luncheons and Receptions each day.
To register and learn more about this event, please click here.
- Conferences 2019 PrimeTime Sports Management Conference
- Conferences 11th Annual PrimeTime Sports Management Conference November 11-13, 2018
- Conferences 2016 PrimeTime Sports Management Conference
- May 23, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Welcomes Its Summer Class of 2022
- May 18, 2022 Industry Alerts UPDATE: FEC Candidate Loan Repayment Limitation Ruled Unconstitutional in Supreme Court Decision
- May 16, 2022 Media Mentions Kris Beecher Quoted by AZ Central on Tribal Voters
- May 13, 2022 In the News Aaron Burrell Named a “2022 40 Under 40” Honoree by Michigan Chronicle
- May 11, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by 10 WBNS on Ohio's New Overtime Law
- May 09, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Law360 on Tips for Helping Workers Navigate Mental Health Challenges