- Whiffen, Trevor S.
Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, 1 Harbour Square, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 1A6
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Sunday, November 12 to Tuesday, November 14, 2017
at: Westin Harbour Castle Hotel
1 Harbour Square
Toronto, ON, M5J 1A6 Canada
The 10th Annual PrimeTime Sports Management Conference and Trade Show organized and hosted by Dickinson Wright is scheduled for November 12-14, 2017, at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto. This event is the largest sports management conference held in Canada each year, and is one of the largest in North America. Last year, over 580 people attended the three-day event.
Trevor S. Whiffen (Partner, Toronto) is pleased to co-Chair the Conference again this year with Brian Burke, the President of Hockey Operations with the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League. We are fortunate to have attracted a spectacular group of Speakers from across the sports industry in Canada and the United States again this year. Thus far, there are 56 confirmed Speakers, including representatives from the NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NLL, AHL, CFL, CHL, OHL, NBL, CWHL, NFLPA, NHLPA, NBPA, NLLPA, TSN, SportsNet, The Score, Nascar, the British Rugby League, Honda Indy, Canadian Open, Grey Cup, and the Invictus Games.
Members of Dickinson Wright are welcome to attend the Conference as complimentary Guests of the firm.
This year’s event will commence with a Welcome Reception on Sunday night, at which time we will honor Peter Luukko with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions as President of the Philadelphia 76ers, the Philadelphia Flyers, and the Florida Panthers. Sunday will also see 64 law students compete in an NHL Labour Arbitration Competition sponsored by the University of Toronto Law School, while 48 business students compete in a Business Case Competition.
The Conference line-up for Monday includes Keynote Interviews with Rene Fasel, the Executive Director of the International Ice Hockey Federation, and Commissioner Gary Bettman of the NHL. Monday will also include panel discussions covering a wide range of topics including League operations, player evaluations, legal issues in sport, challenges facing amateur sport, and a player agents roundtable to discuss contract negotiations.
The schedule for Tuesday will feature seven additional panel discussions involving the business side of sports, including television broadcast deals, building naming rights, sponsorship agreements, creative marketing strategies, hosting major sporting events, ticket sales, alternative revenue streams, and the use of digital technology and analytics to build sports brands and businesses.
We will also be hosting a Careers in Sports Workshop on Monday night, together with Networking Luncheons and Receptions each day.
To register and learn more about this event, please click here.
- Conferences 2019 PrimeTime Sports Management Conference
- Conferences 11th Annual PrimeTime Sports Management Conference November 11-13, 2018
- Conferences 2016 PrimeTime Sports Management Conference
- February 08, 2023 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft was quoted in the Law360 article "The Biggest Trademark Rulings Of 2022."
- February 08, 2023 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft was recently quoted in the Law360 article "Lizzo Convinces TTAB To Register '100% That Bitch' TM."
- February 07, 2023 Media Mentions Joseph Silvia was recently mentioned in an article by S&P Global, "Large bank deal approvals come with new hurdle: updated resolution plans.”
- February 06, 2023 Congress Provides M&A Brokers a Statutory Exemption from Exchange Act Registration
- February 03, 2023 In the News Daniel Waldman has authored an article in Real Estate EXchange (RENX), "What you should know about Canada's prohibition on foreigners acquiring residential real estate.”
- February 03, 2023 Media Mentions Heather Frayre was quoted in the Bloomberg Law article, "Business Anxiety Rises With Labor Department Green Card Delays.”