Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Creative works are the core assets that enable songwriters, publishers, and tech companies to thrive. Knowing that a copyright is a “bundle of rights,” explicitly reserved to the creator by law, unless transferred in writing or by operation of law, gives companies and creators the freedom to continue doing what they do best – creating.
The complexities of the various rights to copy, manufacture, publicly perform, make derivatives, distribute and digitally transmit music are virtually endless, making this area of the law perfect for creative lawyering. We enjoy working hand-in-hand with publishers, songwriters, authors, architects, coders, software companies, and others in the music industry to achieve their goals either in a traditional sense or a creative sense.
• Copyright office filings and recordation of assignments for publishers and authors.
• Various licensing agreement drafts, negotiations and forms for larger licensing projects.
• Bulk-shrink wrap licensing changes for software code and companies in transition.
• Successful defense of copyright infringement claims with summary judgment in federal court.
• Hiring and management of local counsels for change of venue in federal court related to copyright claims.
• Drafting and settlement of multiple lawsuits with settlement agreements, assignments, and royalty redirections.
• Advertising company copy readings for copyright and trademark infringement violations.
To learn more about major areas of our Music practice, please see the following: