University of Toronto
University of Windsor Law School1976
Called to the Bar of Ontario1978
Steven’s practice is a general corporate and commercial practice, acting as a legal advisor to businesses on all commercial matters, including:
- Acting in connection with Design/Build industrial projects on issues of Land Use Planning and sale and lease back matters.
- Acting on the Land Development (Infield Project) and proposed Fixed Base Aircraft Operations at the Greater Toronto International Airport and in the State of Florida.
- Acting in connection with the land development and planning process for Automotive Retail Malls and Planning Issues for one of Canada’s largest automotive retailers.
- Acting for the largest student housing development, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, on construction, land use planning and development matters.
- Mergers and acquisitions of business concerns, with particular emphasis on the automotive sector.
- Corporate finance matters, including asset securitizations.
- Distribution agreements, marketing and license agreements.
- Software development agreements for use in public infrastructure projects.
- Acquisition and leasing of commercial and industrial real estate and related financing transactions.
- Construction contracts and construction sub-contracts, including architect agreements, design-build agreements, and construction management agreements.
- Funeral industry practices.
- Joint ventures, equity participation, shareholder and partnership agreements, and succession planning.
- Trucking and transportation.
- Estate planning and administration.
- Employment law issues.
- Law Society of Upper Canada, Member
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member