Stacey J. Longanecker has experience in electronic, electrical, communications and computer patent matters. She focuses on preparing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications and conducting studies of patent validity and infringement. She also counsels clients on patenting strategies and IP portfolio management including conducting IP due diligence studies for mergers and acquisitions and commercial market introductions of products and services. Her clients include Fortune 100, Fortune 500 and foreign companies.
Stacey has extensive experience in communications technologies such as optical networks, mobile and other wireless communications, satellite communications and other broadband communications, and networking and computer technologies including secure content distribution, information storage and processing applications. She also has expertise with medical devices, human machine interface technology and software.
University of MarylandB.S., Electrical Engineering, 1988
The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of LawJ.D., 1993
- District of Columbia
• Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
• Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
• Member, Maryland State Bar
• Member, Patient Family Advisory Council, Children's National Medical Center, 2007 - present
• Member, NICU Parent Advisory Committee, Children’s National Medical Center, 2007 - present