University of MichiganB.A., 1981
- with high distinction
Boston University School of LawJ.D., 1985
- Law Review
- Leading Lawyers for 2018 – Employee Benefits Law
- Top Female Attorney in Michigan 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, 2009-present
- Lawyer of the Year 2016- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent
- DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Employee Benefits Law, 2011-present
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Employee Benefits/ERISA, 2010-present
- Honored with the Thanks Badge award by the Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan
Served as ESOP counsel in more than $500 million of leveraged ESOP transactions involving IRC Section 1042 rollovers, pass-through voting, renegotiation and extension of ESOP loans, plan terminations and IRS determination letters.
Designed, drafted and implemented equity incentive and deferred compensation arrangements for key executives of start-ups, private and publicly traded companies.
Advised 401(k) plan committees regarding plan fees and changed fee structure from revenue sharing to per-capita.
Served as counsel to governmental entities in connection with operation of defined contribution, defined benefit, retiree health and medical plans.
Represented companies in multi-employer withdrawal liability situations and pension fund litigation.
Prepared multiple voluntary correction and late amender applications with IRS and DOL, handled retirement and health plan audits with IRS and DOL.
Resolved issues regarding delinquent and incomplete Form 5500 filings with Department of Labor.
Conducted internal client audit of worker misclassification regarding employees and independent contractors.
- State Bar of Michigan - Taxation Section
- Oakland County Bar Association - Chair and Vice-Chair, Employee Benefits, 1998-2000, 2013-2015
- American Bar Association
- Jewish Vocational Services, Board Member, 2011-present
- Jewish Vocational Services, Secretary of the Board and Executive Committee Member
- Girl Scouts Southeastern Michigan Pension Committee, 2005-2015