New York University
Farleigh Dickinson UniversityB.S., 1983
- magna cum laude
Vanderbilt University School of LawJ.D., 1987
- Member, Moot Court Board
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Peer Review Rating
- Central Transport, Inc.
- Cherokee Insurance Company
- Daily Express, Inc.
- Everhart Transportation, Inc.
- FedEx Freight East, Inc.
- FedEx National
- Liberty Bell Agency, Inc.
- P.A.M. Transport, Inc.
- U.S. Xpress, Inc.
- Venture Express, Inc.
Primary regional and/or local litigation counsel for independent trucking companies in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases.
Representation of consumers who have been victims of fraud and other consumer protection violations, including representation of 17,974 class members who were improperly assessed late fees and other charges associated with the leasing of private passenger vehicles. Case resulted in bank refunding all late fees during the entire statutory time period.
Successful defense of various manufacturers in cases involving product defects, including hydraulic lifts, animal vaccines, plastic wrapping machines, electrical power lines, electrical lighting ballasts, and other industrial equipment.
Significant class action experience in labor and employment matters. Served as lead counsel in many of the nation's leading class/collective actions in the area of wage and hour compliance.
Successful representation in cases involving application of the Outside Sales Exemption.
- Evans, et al. v. Coca-Cola Enterprises, et al. - Class of 1,231 employees working as account managers servicing large chain stores, grocery stores, gas stations, markets and other direct sale vendors.
- Tyrell, et al. v. BCI Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Los Angeles - Class of 253 employees working as service/sales managers.
- Estrada, et al. v. Seven-Up, Inc., et al. - 706 class members working as account managers servicing retail sector clients.
- Eaton v. Coors Brewing Company, et al. - 218 class members working as route salesmen.
Successful representation in cases involving application of the Executive Exemption.
- Garcia v. Save Mart Supermarkets, et al. - Class of 172 employees working as Grocery Managers for large independent grocery chain in northern California.
- Monaco v. Applebees International, Inc., et al. - 103 class members working as restaurant managers for large Applebees franchise.
- Sarte, et al. v. Cinnabon, Inc., et al. - 148 class members working as managers at company owned store locations.
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association