Education & Credentials
University of MichiganB.A., 1987
Northwestern University School of LawJ.D., 1991
- Arlyn Miner Legal Writing Book Award
- The Legal 500 United States
- "Recommended Lawyer,"
- Crain’s Detroit Business
- “Notable Women in Real Estate,” Honoree, 2019
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- ‘Go To Lawyer’ for Real Estate and Condo Law, 2022
- "Leader in the Law," Honoree, 2017
- "Women in the Law," Honoree, 2012
- Michigan Super Lawyers
- "Top 50 Women Lawyers," Real Estate Law, 2010-2020
- "Top 100 Michigan Super Lawyers," Real Estate, 2012-2014
- "Top 25 Women Lawyers," Real Estate, 2014
- "Super Lawyer", Real Estate, 2022
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Best Lawyers in America®
- "Top 50 Women Lawyers," Real Estate Law, 2011-2021
- "Top 25 Women Lawyers," Real Estate Law, 2011-2021
- Real Estate Law, 2023
- DBusiness Magazine
- "Top Lawyer," Real Estate Law, 2023
- Midwest Real Estate News
- Elected into CRE Hall of Fame
- The Bouma Corporation
- Borders Group, Inc.
- Carillon Assisted Living
- FCA US LLC
- FCA Realty LLC
- Constantia Flexibles
- Detroit Land Bank Authority
- Genworth Life Insurance Company
- Granite REIT
- Hart Realty Advisers
- The Huntington National Bank
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, NA
- Liberty Property Trust
- Magna International Inc. and subsidiaries
- RBS Citizens, N.A.
- Seligman Western Enterprises
Leads a team of attorneys handling national real estate matters for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (corporate real estate and dealership throughout the U.S.).
Lead counsel representing Fiat Chrysler in a $2.5 billion dollar re-development of the Mack Assembly Plant in the City of Detroit. The project is anticipated to bring 4,950 new jobs to the City of Detroit and is part of an overall $4.5 billion dollar expansion plan by FCA expand various brands in Southeast Michigan.
Lead counsel representing a major Tier I Automotive Supplier and its related companies in significant real estate projects and transactions throughout the United States.
Represents lenders and borrowers in complex, multi-state workouts, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure and foreclosures of real estate secured loans, loan modifications and loan origination for permanent and construction financings.
Lead counsel to one of the largest owners of thoroughbred horse racetracks in North America on numerous projects.
Lead counsel to a local land bank authority in corporate and real estate related matters.
Representing a developer in a multi-million dollar charter school project in Arizona.
Counsel to the Detroit Opera House through its financing, renovation, re-opening and mixed-use parking garage project.
Lead counsel to a $6 billion REIT in the leasing, acquisition, development and sale of its 4 million square foot real estate portfolio in Southeast Michigan.
Lead counsel to a real estate investment and development company in its acquisition of an upscale shopping center in Hawaii and other significant acquisitions throughout the U.S.
Lead counsel to a real estate investment company in the sale of two shopping centers in Lansing.
Represented a company in a $100 million sale leaseback transaction in North Carolina involving nine facilities.
Counsel to a developer in a $70 million infill residential project in Washington, D.C.
Represented a developer in a mobile home and organic farming project in Louisiana for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Member, Dickinson Wright Management Group (2011-current)
- Dickinson Wright Practice Department Manager - Real Estate and Environmental Practice Groups (2008-2011)
- Board Member and Mentor, Winning Futures (2016)
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- State Bar of Michigan and California
- Member, Council of the Real Property Section of the State Bar of Michigan (elected, 2013)
- Member, Land Title Standards State Bar of Michigan (elected, 2012)
- Member, Continuing Legal Education Committee of Real Property Section State Bar of Michigan
- Detroit and Oakland Bar Associations
- Board Member, Anti-Defamation League of Michigan
- Leadership Detroit XVIII
- Commercial Real Estate Women - Detroit, 2002-2005, Board Member and Secretary
- Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit Real Estate Committee (2005-2008)
- Michigan Women's Foundation, Grants Distribution Committee (1996-2000) and Fund Development Committee (2000-2002)
- Detroit Regional Economic Partnership, National Investment Committee, 1997-2000
- Presenter, "Negotiating Commercial Real Estate Sale and Purchase Transactions", ALI-CLE, National Audio Cast, January 2015
- Presenter, "Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreements: Making the Best Deal in Today's Markets", ALI-CLE National Audio Cast, July 2014
- Presenter, "What's Going on with Commercial Mortgage Foreclosures?", State Bar of Michigan/ICLE, September 2010
- Presenter, "Lessons Learned in the Downtown, the Troubled Shopping Center", State Bar of Michigan, Real Property Summer Conference, July 2010
- Author, "Selling and Leasing Industrial Property in the Economic Downturn", ALI-ABA's The Practical Real Estate Lawyer, Volume 26, Number 4, July 2010
- Presenter, "The Defaulted Real Estate Project", ALI-ABA National Webinar, June 2010
- Moderator, "An Inside View of the Credit Crisis from Washington", Dickinson Wright Client Webcast and Seminar, November 2009
- Roundtable Presenter, "Landlord Strategies for Tenant's Requests for Concessions in these Troubled Times", ICSC Continuing Education Program, April 2009