Michigan State UniversityB.S., Chemical Engineering , 2002
- Omega Chi Epsilon - Chemical Engineering Honor Society
- Tau Beta Pi - Engineering Honor Society
Michigan State University College of LawJ.D., 2012
- summa cum laude
- King Scholar Fellowship recipient
- Michigan State University Law Review, Staff Member
- North Carolina
- Federal-Mogul Corporation
- Google Inc.
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Vivus, Inc.
Domestic and foreign trademarks, including trademark prosecution, portfolio management, and availability counseling.
Counseling on trademark infringement, unfair competition, counterfeiting, and domain name enforcement matters.
Analysis and advice concerning potential infringement and the likelihood of success in infringement actions or opposition proceedings.
Counseling on proper trademark use in order to strengthen enforceable trademark rights.
Conducts trademark availability searches and provides risk assessment opinions on behalf of a wide range of clients, including a major U.S. and international retailer, a leading global IT and software company, pharmaceutical companies, and leading international automotive companies.
Manages trademark opposition proceedings in the Andean Community for a leading international automotive supplier.
Successfully overcame substantive refusals from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on behalf of multiple clients.
Conducted patent searches and risk analysis for an international online gaming company.
Advised clients on copyright filings.
- State Bar of Michigan
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Chemical Engineer, General Motors (2002-2012)
- Lawfully Made under This Title, Christopher A. Mitchell and Matthew J. Snider, American Bar Association Section of Litigation, Spring 2013, Vol. 24, No. 3