Mr. Holmes has a national practice, focusing on class and collective action cases. For the past 20 years, Mr. Holmes has served as lead counsel and successfully prosecuted numerous large, multimillion dollar class and collective action cases, in the areas of antitrust, consumer, contract, and wage and hour law.
Mr. Holmes served as lead counsel in hundreds of other employment, wrongful death, product liability and tort actions.
Education & Credentials
University of AlabamaB.A., 1983
- cum laude
- Member, University of Alabama Debate Team – Freshman National Semi-Finalist
Vanderbilt University School of LawJ.D., 1986
- Member, Jessup International Moot Court Team, 1984-1985
- Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, Associate Editor, 1985 -1986
- P.A.M. Transport, Inc.
- Teksid Aluminum Foundry, Inc.
- The Scooter Store
- Zurich North America
- American Bar Association, Class Actions and Derivative Suits Committee; Section of Litigation
- Federal Bar Association
- Nashville Chapter President (2012-2016)
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Youth Incorporated, Board Member
- Tennessee Christian Medical Center Foundation, Board Member
- Author, “The DOL to Bring Back the 80/20 Rule for Tipped Employees with an Additional 30-Minute Rule,” Dickinson Wright All Things HR Blog, July 2021