Amanda E. Newman focuses her practice on Commercial and Business Litigation with a particular emphasis on contract and ownership disputes. Ms. Newman has represented public and private entities and business owners in litigation claims, business, contract formation, and general corporate and employment matters. She is admitted to practice before the Arizona Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the District of Arizona.
George Fox UniversityB.A., Communication Arts, 2007
- Magna cum laude
- Outstanding Senior in Communication Arts (2007)
- Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society, President
Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of LawJ.D., 2015
- Order of the Barristers
- Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, Managing Editor
- Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, 2014 Symposium Edition Editorial Board
- William H. Pedrick Scholar
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Media Law (2014)
- Student Bar Association, Clerk
- Christian Legal Society, President
- Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, advanced to International Rounds (2014 and 2015)
- Best Lawyers in America®
- "Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Assisted with the successful representation of an unpaid partner in bringing a lawsuit stemming from a partnership to develop and sell an apartment complex. Prevailed at trial and obtained the fifth-largest civil jury verdict of 2019 in Arizona.
- Assisted in representation of second-largest school district in Arizona in desegregation case.
- Assisted the representation of prominent business owners in complex commercial litigation bankruptcy adversary actions and appeals. The claimed damages exceeded $27 million.
- Assisted with the successful representation of a commercial landlord in suing a university for breach of lease after the university vacated the premises and ceased paying rent. Prevailed on dispositive motions and at trial. Affirmed on appeal.
- Assisted the representation of an environmental services business — the holder of the U.S. Forest Service’s largest ever stewardship contract — in several disputes. One dispute involved the successful defense of a $3 million claim for breach of contract.
- Assisted the representation of a consumer product manufacturer in general corporate and employment matters.
- Digital Sys. Eng’g, Inc. v. Moreno, 242 Ariz. 272, 394 P.3d 1109 (App. 2017), review denied (Sept. 12, 2017)
- HV & Canal, LLC v. Upper Iowa Univ., 1 CA-CV 17-0621, 2018 WL 4500942 (App. Sept. 20, 2018)
- State Bar of Arizona
- American Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Co-Coach, Arizona State University College of Law, Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition team, 2015-Present. Coached multiple successful teams, including Regional Champions that advanced to International Rounds.