Ryan Mitchell is a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Environmental, Energy & Sustainability Department. Ryan’s practice covers a broad range of real estate transactions, including the representation of developers, lenders, landlords and tenants in connection with the acquisition, disposition, financing, development and leasing of retail, office and industrial properties throughout the United States.
Ryan also has extensive experience representing energy developers and lenders in connection with all aspects of the development and financing of wind, solar and thermal energy projects. He has represented clients on projects totaling nearly 1,800 MW of generating capacity currently in service, as well as over 1,000 MW in the earlier stages of development.
Skidmore CollegeB.A., 2000
- cum laude
DePaul University College of LawJ.D., 2005
- cum laude
- Publications Editor, DePaul Business and Commercial Law Journal
- The Legal 500 United States
- Real Estate Law, 2022
- Grand Rapids Magazine
- "Top Lawyers," Energy Law, 2020
- Representation of renewable energy developer in the development of multiple proposed utility-scale solar energy projects located in Michigan and Ohio.
- Representation of renewable energy developer in development, financing and disposition of multiple utility-scale wind energy projects located in Michigan.
- Representation of renewable energy developer in acquisition and development of portfolio of community solar projects located in Illinois.
- Representation of energy developer in the development, financing and refinancing of a 584 MW natural gas-fired power generation facility located in Illinois.
- Representation of lending institution in a $1 billion financing that included several wind energy projects located in Michigan.
- Representation of renewable energy developer in connection with the development and financing of a 211 MW wind energy project located in Illinois.
- Representation of renewable energy developer in connection with the development and disposition of an 81 MW wind energy project located in Illinois.
- Representation of manufacturer in acquisition and financing of corporate headquarters.
- Representation of private equity firm in leasing of office building portfolio.
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of Illinois
- State Bar of California