Kerry Kleiman, an associate in Dickinson Wright’s Litigation practice group, helps her clients navigate complex commercial issues. She has experience handling a wide variety of matters at the trial and appellate levels, including business/contract disputes, commercial landlord/tenant issues, premises liability defense, defense against service animal discrimination claims, and copyright infringement defense. Kerry also assists entertainers and production companies with their transactional needs.
Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Kerry was an associate with a boutique law firm based in Las Vegas. While attending law school, Kerry was the Editor in Chief of the UNLV Gaming Law Journal. She also practiced as a student attorney in the Thomas & Mack Juvenile Justice Clinic, where she represented children in criminal proceedings and lobbied for legislative changes to protect Nevada’s sexually exploited youth.
Education & Credentials
University of Nevada, William S. Boyd School of LawJ.D., 2015
- cum laude
- International Association of Gaming Advisors’ Shannon Bybee Scholarship Award
- Dean’s Award
- UNLV Gaming Law Journal’s Anthony Cabot Award for Best Student Note
- Fordham University School of Law Kaufman Memorial Securities Law Moot Court Competition, Best Oralist, Second Place
- The American Society of Legal Writers, Scribes
University of Southern CaliforniaB.A., 2006
- State Bar of Nevada
- Board of Directors, Mondays Dark
- Advisory Board Member, Rogers Art Loft
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- Nevada Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Kerry E. Kleiman & Andrew P. Dunning, Two Wrongs Don’t Make a Copyright: Mass-Defendant Copyright Litigation: the Plaintiffs, the Pirates, and the People who Pay, NEVADA LAWYER MAGAZINE (January 2019).
- Andrew P. Dunning & Kerry E. Kleiman, Major League Broadcasting: the Deleterious Effects of Major League Baseball’s Antitrust Exemption on Nevada Consumers with No Home Team, 16 NEV. L.J. 1171 (2016).
- Kerry E. Kleiman, Keeping Casinos Clean: The Problem with Dirty Money and International Differences in Anti-Money Laundering Regulations for Casinos, 6 UNLV Gaming L.J. 81 (2015).