University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D., 2004
University of Nevada, RenoB.S., 2002
- Mountain States Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Nevada Business Magazine's Legal Elite 2017
Successfully represented a Nevada property developer in obtaining dismissal of a multi-million dollar lawsuit related to a business transaction.
Obtained dismissal of a multi-million dollar federal class action lawsuit, which was upheld on appeal. Rainero v. Archon Corp., 84 F.3d 832 (9th Cir. 2016)
Obtained a monetary settlement in a pro bono federal civil rights action against the State of Nevada on behalf of a Nevada prisoner.
Successfully represented a Nevada bank on an appeal before the Nevada Supreme Court and obtained an order affirming the district court’s summary judgment order with respect to an unsettled area of Nevada law.
Defended a Nevada lawyer and developer in a two-week federal felony jury trial.
Obtained a $2.1 million jury verdict following a one-week federal civil rights trial.
Successfully appealed the denial of a motion to suppress evidence and obtained the reversal of a criminal conviction. United States v. Orozco, 858 F.3d 1204 (9th Cir. 2017)
- Washoe County Bar Association, Board of Directors, President
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Young Lawyer Section of the State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Appellate Section of the State Bar of Nevada, Member
- Northern Nevada Chapter of the American Red Cross, Board of Directors, Chairman
- Author, “Working with Counsel to Manage and Mitigate Legal Risk,” Northern Nevada Business Weekly, Business Legal Guide 2016
- Author, “NRAP 5 and the Intersection Between State Law and Federal Jurisdiction,” Nevada Lawyer, August 2013
- Author, "Protecting Your Business' Goodwill Through Federal Trademark Registration," Northern Nevada Business Weekly, 2015 Guide