John Weiss, based in the firm’s Grand Rapids office, assists his clients on matters relating to municipal law and municipal finance. His experience includes counseling on issues relating to community and economic development, the Open Meetings Act, the Freedom of Information Act, election law, local and state tax, and parliamentary procedure.
John was a Law Clerk to Justice Elizabeth Welch of the Michigan Supreme Court.
Temple University Beasley School of LawJ.D.
- Order of the Coif
- Temple Law Review, Articles Editor
- Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society
- magna cum laude
University of Michigan College of Literature, Science, and ArtsB.A., History
- James B. Angell Scholar
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Public Corporations Section
- Boardwalk Condominiums Association, Director
- University of Michigan Alumni Association, Member
- Friends of Grand Rapids Parks, Volunteer