Ms. Craft is an “AV/Preeminent Attorney®” as rated by Martindale-Hubbell® member in the firm’s Intellectual Property and Media, Sports & Entertainment Departments. She practices primarily in the areas of domestic and international trademark and copyright prosecution, licensing and enforcement. Ms. Craft consults with clients in identifying various protectable aspects of the clients’ products, services and concepts, and in developing and managing their intellectual property portfolios. She also resolves trademark, copyright, and domain name disputes, including the resolution of disputes over contested trademarks before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and enforcing clients’ intellectual property rights on the Internet.
In addition to her prosecution practice, Ms. Craft drafts and negotiates a variety of agreements in the intellectual property and entertainment fields such as assignments, licenses, rights of publicity agreements, non-disclosure agreements, personal management agreements and work for hire agreements, including recording, publishing and production agreements.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Craft served as Associate General Counsel for Agassi Enterprises and Alliance Sports Management, where she negotiated and drafted licensing and endorsement agreements, management agreements, and player tournament agreements for NBA and ATP players and IRL drivers. She was also Corporate Counsel for Sunbelt Communications, where she handled all corporate and intellectual property matters for several NBC and FOX affiliates throughout the United States.
Watch Jennifer as she describes her passion for entertainment and sports law, the variety of work she handles, and the importance of great client relationships.World Trademark Review 1000 says: "Jennifer Ko Craft is a repository of unshakeable trust for brand owners and entertainers; her dedication, strategic creativity, tenacity and focus on quality give her a clear edge. She has valuable in-house experience and connects with clients on a one-to-one level."
“Jennifer consistently provides direct, concise and well-considered advice, and has a great knack for designing innovative and pragmatic filing strategies and approaches for overcoming difficult rejections.” In addition to more traditional brand owners, she acts for a colorful catalogue of celebrities, sports stars and entertainers; across the board, she “makes clients feel special and ensures that everything she does meets the highest standard of quality”.”
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of LawJ.D., 2001
University of Arizona, Eller College of ManagementM.B.A., 2001
- 2021 List of Top 250 Women in IP, Managing IP, 2021
- The American Lawyer
- Recognized as a West Trailblazer, 2021
- WTR 1000
- World’s Leading Trademark Attorneys, Nevada, 2021
- National Law Journal
- Recognized as a Trailblazer in Sports/Entertainment Law, 2020
- Recognized as a Trailblazer in Intellectual Property, 2019
- Managing Intellectual Property
- Top 250 Women in IP, 2021
- Recognized in IP Stars, 2019 - 2021
- Nationally Ranked for Most Trademark Filings -- Ranked several years in a row in the past for the most federal trademark applications filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Best Lawyers of America®
- “Best Lawyer,” Trademark Law, Las Vegas, 2013 - 2017, 2020 - 2021
- Nevada Business Magazine
- Legal Elite, Selected by her peers as one of the top attorneys in Nevada, 2010 – 2021
- Vegas INC
- "Top Lawyer," Las Vegas
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®
- "Super Lawyer," 2014 - 2021
- "Rising Star," in 2008 - 2011
- "Top 50 Women Lawyers," 2018 - 2019
- Business Las Vegas
- Top "40 Under 40," Business Leaders in Southern Nevada, 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV/Preeminent Attorney® Rated
Securing, Enforcing and Licensing IP — Assisting various companies, including, casino, nightclub, restaurant and bar owners and operators, and real estate developers and management companies in clearing title for property names, securing the rights associated with the names, licensing their intellectual property to others, and enforcing their rights against unauthorized users.
Licensing Entertainment Rights — Assisting production companies and artists in the licensing and distribution of their rights in live and recorded musical and dance performances, television shows, and sporting and entertainment events by drafting production agreements, talent agreements, and rights of publicity and location releases, securing rights to perform music and other recordings at events, and registering the trademarks and copyrights embodied in the performances, shows and events.
Endorsement and Sponsorship Agreements — Assisting talent and entertainment and sport companies with licensing their publicity rights and intellectual property to others for merchandising, endorsement and sponsorship purposes and offering private label products and services.
Clearing Title for Creative Works — Assisting authors and other artists in clearing title for books and other creative works.
Registration of Trademarks in Foreign Jurisdictions — Working with a network of foreign counsel to register trademarks in the European Union, Canada, Mexico, Macau, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, South Africa, Russia, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, Australia, Belize and elsewhere.
Representative Clients: Kardashian and Jenner family, Sylvester Stallone, Ultimate Fighting Championship, Shaquille O’Neal, Shane Victorino, Alex Rodriguez, Amar’e Stoudemire, Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Kyrie Irving, Jason Kidd, Gilbert Arenas, Chris Webber, George Lopez, Trisha Yearwood, Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, and others
- American Bar Association (ABA) Forum on the Entertainment & Sports Industries, Licensing, Merchandising & Branding Division, 2018 Vice-Chair, 2019 Co-Chair
- American Bar Association’s Intellectual Property and Entertainment Sections, Member
- State Bar of Nevada’s Entertainment Law, and Technology and Intellectual Property Sections, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Member
- The Andre Agassi Charitable Foundation, Volunteer
- Co-Author, "Loomis v. Amazon: Strict Products Liability in the World of E-Commerce," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, May 2021
- Panelist, “A-Listers in Entertainment Law,” University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Sports & Entertainment Law Association (SELA) Webinar, October 2020
- Panelist, "The Show Must Go On: Entertainment Agreements in the Live Entertainment Industries," State Bar of California IP Section's 44th Intellectual Property Law Institute: IP Without Borders Conference, November 14, 2019
- Moderator, “Legal Issues in Developing and Protecting an Athlete’s and Entertainer’s Brand,” ABA Entertainment & Sports Law Conference, October 11, 2019
- Author, "The Business of Sports," Nevada Business, October 8, 2019
- Co-Presenter, “IP & Social Media: The Who, What, When & Where in Protecting Your IP Rights,” Association of Corporate Counsel – Nevada Chapter CLE, September 18, 2019
- Co-Author, "Why the U.S. Supreme Court’s Decision to Allow Federal Registration of FUCT Impacts Every Day Businesses," Dickinson Wright Intellectual Property Client Alert, June 26, 2019
- Co-Author, “Examining Recent USPTO Programs to Improve the Trademark Register,” IP Watchdog, May 18, 2019
- Co-Author, "What to Expect From 'Scandalous' Trademark Case," Law 360, January 11, 2019
- Speaker, "Current Issues in Sports Law," 11th Annual PrimeTime Sports Management Conference, November 12, 2018
- Presenter, "FTC's New Guidelines: Social Media Do's & Don'ts," ACC November Lunch & Learn, November 2, 2018
- Moderator, “Mock Negotiation: Entertainment Appearance Agreement,” 40th Anniversary Annual Meeting of the ABA Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries, Las Vegas, NV, October 4, 2018
- Moderator and Speaker, “Hot Trademark and Advertising Issues,” 40th Anniversary Annual Meeting of the ABA Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries, Las Vegas, NV, October 6, 2018
- Presenter, "When Trademarks Fail, How Copyright and Other IP Can Save the Day," INTA Annual Conference, May 20, 2018
- Co-Author, “Sports Trademarks and Advertising,” Nevada Lawyer, August 2018
- Co-Presenter, “The Keys to Avoiding Potential Landmines in your Advertising and Promotions,” of the Association of Corporate Counsel – Nevada Chapter CLE, February 28, 2018
- Author, “Trademark Food Fight: Did In-N-Out Burger Abandon the Triple Triple?” IP WatchDog, October 5, 2017
- Author, "Best Practices for Coordinating with Customs," Nevada Lawyer Magazine, August 2017
- Co-Presenter, “IP News You Can Use: Case Trends and Day-to-Day Practical Advice,” Association of Corporate Counsel, Nevada Chapter, August 17, 2017
- Author, “Stopping Infringement Before It Happens,” Best Lawyers Summer Business Edition Magazine, June, 2017
- Author, “Why High Court Is Right About Offensive Trademarks,” Law360.com, June 28, 2017
- Speaker, “Confronting Counterfeit Goods: Best Practices for Getting Results from the U.S. International Trade Commission, U.S. Customs, Local Police and Other U.S. Law Enforcement Agencies,” International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Meeting, May 20–24, 2017
- Author, "Right of Publicity Laws: Nevada," originally published by Practical Law, 2014
- Author, "Trademark Laws: Nevada," originally published by Practical Law, 2014
- Author, “Protecting IP Must Pair with any Sports Organization's Branding,” Sports Business Journal, 2012
- Author, “Covering the Bases in Licensing Agreements,” Communique Magazine, 2011
- Author, “How leagues, licensees can guard against gray market intrusion,” Sports Business Journal, 2010
- Author, “Properties, Licensees Must Cover All Bases in License Agreement,” Sports Business Journal, 2010
- Author, “Setting the Record Straight,” Nevada Lawyer Magazine, 2009
- Author, “You Don’t Have to be Intellectual to Understand Intellectual Property: An Introduction to Five Basic IP Principles,” Nevada Lawyer Magazine, 2006
- Ms. Craft also frequently speaks at in-house seminars for her clients’ attorneys and business executives.