Jay Campbell, a member in Dickinson Wright’s Nashville office, focuses his corporate law practice on mergers and acquisitions, real estate and economic development, and corporate finance. He advises his clients, which consist of middle-market companies located in the U.S., Canada, and across Europe, in the acquisition and disposition of operating and financial assets. Jay has extensive experience representing clients in corporate finance, including corporate lending and equity formation; representing both borrowers and lenders in lending transactions, including syndicated loans, project finance, equipment finance, and other complex lending transactions; and assisting clients in the structuring and negotiation of public-private partnerships, including a variety of public incentive financing transactions.
Vanderbilt University Law SchoolJ.D.
George Washington UniversityM.S.
George Washington UniversityB.B.A.
- Best Lawyers in America
- Corporate Law - 2024
- Memphis Business Journal
- Best of the Bar, 2021
- Top 40 Under 40, 2019
- Mid-South Rising Stars
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Securities and Corporate Finance, 2011-2019
- Leadership Memphis
- Executive Class of 2014
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Regularly represents a Fortune 1000 company in the business and consumer services sector in its middle market acquisitions
- Represented a foreign purchaser in the consumer products sector in US aspects of $500 million strategic product line acquisition
- Represented purchaser in the forestry industry in $93 million operating asset acquisition
- Represented purchaser in the biotech and household cleaning industry in $120 million strategic acquisition through reverse triangular merger
- Represented seller in the food services industry in $67 million disposition of operating assets
- Represented purchaser in the household cleaning industry in $19 million strategic product line acquisition
- Represented purchaser in the chemical industry in $.6.4 million strategic acquisition of product line
- Represented purchaser in the specialty manufacturing industry in $6 million cross-border equity acquisition
- Represented purchaser in the household cleaning industry in $6 million strategic equity acquisition
- Represented foreign purchaser in the entertainment industry in $9 million acquisition of early-stage tech enabled service company
Economic Development / Real Estate
- Assisted industry group with creation of Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy and Resiliency (C-PACER) financing program for Tennessee.
- Assisted client with disposition and redeployment of legacy light industrial factory as part of client’s broader third party manufacturing strategy.
- Assisted with negotiation of economic development incentives and financing for an internationally know tourism site to permit creation of hospitality and museum facilities.
- Assisted with development of multi use (commercial and multifamily) facility in urban setting.
- Assisted with negotiation of economic development incentives and equipment financing for heavy manufacturing on-shoring project.
- Assisted with adaptive re-use of prominent sports arena as a retail destination.
- Assisted celebrity client with negotiation of joint venture for co-branded hotel.
- Assisted with negotiation of economic development incentives and development of factory outlet mall.
- Assisted governmental entity with management of real estate based economic development incentive program for over a decade.
- Represented borrower in entertainment and tourism industry in $125 million private equity led, tax incentive supported lending facilities
- Represented borrower in the mining industry in US aspects of $200 million multinational lending facility
- Represented borrower in the energy industry in $127.5 million senior secured corporate note offering
- Represented lender in specialty manufacturing sector in $109 million senior project finance facility
- Represented borrower in biotech and household product industry in procuring $140 million syndicated lending facility
- Represented borrower in biotech and household product industry in $90 million syndicated lending credit facility
- Represented borrower in elder care industry in $40 million public debt offering
- Represented issuer in sports industry in $20 million public debt offering for financing of baseball stadium
- Represented lender in specialty manufacturing industry on creation of a $45 million term and revolving lending facility
- Represented lender in healthcare industry on $8 million lending facility
- Represented borrower in healthcare industry on series of industrial development bond issues totaling $140 million
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Board Member, Tennessee Chapter
- Case Management, Inc.
- Member, Board of Directors