Michigan State UniversityB.A., 1986
American University's Washington College of LawJ.D., 1989
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Life Member, The National Register of Who's Who
- 2004 BTI Client Service All-Star Team
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Lawyer of the Year 2020- Litigation- Bankruptcy
- Lawyer of the Year 2018- Litigation- Bankruptcy
- Lawyer of the Year 2016- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers
- DBusiness Top Lawyer
- Listed in 2010 Michigan Lawyers Weekly "Leaders in the Law"
- Advics North America, Inc.
- Apotex Inc.
- Callidus Capital Corporation
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
- Detroit Electric, Inc.
- Detroit Thermal Systems, LLC
- FCA US LLC f/k/a Chrysler Group LLC
- Irvin Automotive
- Johnson Controls, Inc. and its affiliates
- Joyson Safety Systems
- Key Safety Systems
- Magna International Inc. and its affiliates
- Meritor, Inc.
- Mitsubishi International Corporation
- Piston Group and its affiliates
- Sumitomo Electrical Wiring Systems, Inc. and its affiliates
- Visteon Corp.
- Weber Manufacturing Technologies, Inc.
- Yanfeng Global Automotive Interiors Systems Co., Ltd.
Counsel to FCA US LLC f/k/a Chrysler Group LLC in supplier and bankruptcy matters.
Counsel to Johnson Controls, Inc. and its affiliates in supplier and bankruptcy matters.
Counsel to Magna International Inc. and its affiliates in supplier and bankruptcy matters.
Counsel to Visteon Corporation in supplier and bankruptcy matters.
Represented more than 15 suppliers in General Motors' bankruptcy.
Represented numerous suppliers in Lear Corporation's bankruptcy.
Represented FCA US LLC f/k/a Chrysler Group LLC in all aspects of the Metaldyne Corporation matter.
Represented Johnson Controls, Inc. in all aspects of the Plastech Engineered Products, Inc. bankruptcy and ultimately JCIM LLC in the acquisition of the interiors division of Plastech Engineered Products, Inc.
Represented FCA US LLC f/k/a Chrysler Group LLC in the Collins & Aikman bankruptcy.
Represented FCA US LLC f/k/a Chrysler Group LLC in the Chassix, Inc. bankruptcy.
Represented Apotex Inc. in the PRACS Institute, LLC bankruptcy.
Represented Callidus Capital Corporation, an all asset secured lender, in the Esco Marine, Inc. bankruptcy in Houston, Texas.
Represented Callidus Capital Corporation, an all asset secured lender, in the Fortress, Inc. bankruptcy in Lexington, Kentucky.
Represented Callidus Capital Corporation, an all asset secured lender, in the Harvey Industries Federal Court Receivership in Detroit, Michigan
Represented Meadville Forgings Co. in the Iverson Industries, Inc. liquidation.
Counsel to Bristol Myers Squibb in the Dow Corning bankruptcy.
Counsel to the Unsecured Creditors Committees in Windward Industries, Inc. (Micro Manufacturing), Caribbean Telephone & Telegraph, Inc., D&C Industries, Inc., and Global Technovations, Inc. bankruptcies.
Have represented numerous insurance companies with regard to workout, foreclosure and bankruptcy matters such as Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Travelers Insurance Company, and Nationwide Insurance Company.
Counsel to numerous secured lenders, unsecured lenders, bankruptcy trustees, debtors, shareholders, and investor groups in all nature of bankruptcy, restructuring, and workout proceedings, including corporate and individual reorganization and liquidation proceedings.
- Michigan Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association for the Eastern District of Michigan
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Federal Bar Association (Tennessee)
- Prior Board Member for the Grosse Ile Golf & Country Club
- Past President, Trenton Rotary Club
- Leadership Detroit Class XXVIII
- Advisory Board to the Michigan State University Economics Department
- Board Member of Access to Bankruptcy Court
- Author, “Distressed Suppliers: How Your Company Can Deal with the Problem” Equipment Leasing Newsletter, December 2016
- Co-Author, “A Tale of Two Industries and the Bankruptcy Code,” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, August 2016
- Author, “Business Triage: Can Your Company Survive?” The Bankruptcy Strategist, August 2016
- Closing, Reorganizing or Selling the Business (ICLE), co-author, November 1993
- Strategies for Secured Creditors in Workouts and Foreclosures, 2004