Greg Guest is a corporate attorney whose practice focuses on private, middle-market mergers and acquisitions. He has substantial experience with both financial and strategic transactions in the manufacturing, distribution, services, and technology sectors. He also serves as advisor and general counsel to entrepreneurs, investors, and closely-held businesses with respect to formation, governance, finance and restructuring, strategic planning, and general commercial and corporate matters.
Lewis UniversityB.A., Philosophy of Law, 2009
The John Marshall Law SchoolJ.D., 2013
- Edward T. Lee Scholarship
- Fred F. Herzog Scholarship
- Stanley Marion Fellowship in Real Estate Law
- THE JOHN MARSHALL LAW REVIEW
- 8th Annual MiBiz M&A Deals & Dealmakers
- Real Estate and Development Deal of the Year, Advisor, 2021
- Representation of tribal economic development fund in acquisition of producer of electronic circuit boards.
- Representation of tribal investment sponsor in acquisition of LTL and specialty commodity trucking company.
- Representation of producer of annual plants and flowers in corporate reorganization and sale of equity to outside, publicly-owned investment firm.
- Representation of masonry contractor in strategic acquisition of provider of concrete contractor forms and supplies.
- Representation of financial buyer in multiple acquisitions of janitorial, cleaning and sanitation service providers.
- Representation of tribal economic development fund in add-on acquisition of computer numerical control (CNC) manufacturer.
- Representation of private equity sponsor in multiple add-on acquisitions in the hospitality furnishing sector.
- Representation of closely-held investment fund in add-on acquisition of North American medical device manufacturer.
- Representation of private equity sponsor in acquisition of manufacturer of laboratory and pathology equipment.
- Counsel to software development firm in connection with formation, investment and commercial matters.
- Representation of private equity sponsor in acquisition of manufacturer of audio-visual technology components.
- Representation of financial buyer in add-on acquisition of transportation and logistics company.
- Representation of historic hotel and resort in sale to private equity firm.
- Counsel to closely-held environmental engineering firm in connection with development and implementation of corporate succession plan.
- Representation of private equity sponsor in acquisition of wholesaler of technology supplies.
- Representation of Great Lakes marine transportation and service company in sale to private equity sponsor.
Representation of West Michigan logistics company in sale of third party warehousing division.
- Representation of Michigan manufacturer of marine parts in sale of business.
- Representation of Michigan distributor of fasteners and other hardware in sale of business to Midwest distributor.
- Representation of Michigan employee-owned chemical manufacturer in acquisition of Ohio chemical manufacturer.
- Representation of lender in restructuring of asset-based facility of New York-based technology company.
- Representation of lender in restructuring of asset-based facility of Michigan manufacturer of fabricated steel products.
- Association for Corporate Growth – West Michigan
- ACG University Committee, Past Chair
- Turnaround Management Association – West Michigan
- Board of Directors
- Presenter, Dickinson Wright Corporation Associate Training Series – Drafting, Reviewing and Negotiating an LOI, 2021
- Q&A Panel Member, ACG University – Strategic Acquisitions, Insurance Products in M&A, 2021.
- Panel Moderator, ACG University – Strategic Acquisitions, Career Panel Conversation, 2019.
- Panel Member, Risk Management Association, Red Flags for Lenders and Credit Professionals, 2018.
- Lecturer/Presenter, Western District of Michigan Federal Bar Association Bankruptcy Seminar, Nondischargeability, 2017.
- Lecturer/Presenter, Western District of Michigan Federal Bar Association Bankruptcy Seminar, Hot Topics in Commercial Bankruptcy, 2016.
- Author, Sixth Circuit Considers Flexible Finality Standard in Bankruptcy Appeals, Am. Bankr. Inst. J., Nov. 2013 at 48.
- Author, Lien-Stripping in the Absence of a Discharge: Bankruptcy’s Answer to the Destruction caused by Excessive Home Equity Extraction, 46 J. Marshall L. Rev. 915 (2013).