Erick Hosner, a tax and corporate attorney located in Dickinson Wright’s Troy office, regularly advises businesses and business owners on the design and implementation of tax-efficient strategies aimed at achieving their short and long term goals. He counsels clients on formation and structuring issues, including advising on tax implications of choice of entity, ownership structure, and restructuring in anticipation of ownership changes.
Erick has worked with clients on how to best align ownership and management through implementing both equity and non-equity incentive plans, including stock options, restricted stock, profits interests, SARs, and phantom equity in an effort to attract, retain, and reward top talent. Business owners come to Erick for assistance in planning for and implementing a wide variety of strategies, including sales to strategic or financial buyers, management buyouts, business exits, and transition of the business through gifting.
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 2014
Michigan State UniversityB.A., 2002
- Lead negotiation and oversight for multimillion-dollar sale of majority interest in two companies, including drafting of contribution agreement, operating agreements, non-competition agreements, consulting agreement, assignment documents, and other corporate documentation and consents.
- Lead negotiation and drafting of multimillion-dollar sale of business with multiple locations, including negotiation and drafting of asset purchase agreements, disclosure schedules, assignment documents to transfer obligations to purchaser, along with other corporate documentation and consents, including director consents.
- Michigan Bar Association
- Tax Section
- 2023 Tax Conference, Chair
- Federal Income Tax Committee, Chair
- Tax Section
- Detroit Regional Dollars for Scholars
- Board of Directors, Member
- Awards Committee, Chair
- U.S. Tax Court, 2015