Elliot Vilders is an experienced and detail-oriented transactional attorney, focusing his practice on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions, and general corporate matters. He represents clients ranging from start-ups to publicly traded companies across a number of industries, including automotive, manufacturing, industrial technology, and cannabis. Elliot provides his clients with practical advice and creative solutions through all stages of the business cycle.
Prior to beginning his legal career, Elliot worked in China as an educational consultant and visiting lecturer.
Education & Credentials
University of Wisconsin Law SchoolJ.D., 2014
- cum laude
Tufts University, The Fletcher SchoolM.I.B., 2013
University of MichiganB.G.S., 2008
- with distinction
- Wisconsin2014 (Inactive)
- Lead counsel on the sale of a vacuum impregnation business to a public buyer.
- Lead counsel on the sale of a surface paint application and component assembling business.
- Part of the core deal team on the acquisition of an international HVAC manufacturing and distribution business.
- Advised electrical distributor on the acquisition of a mixed-use building located in Brighton, MI.
- Counsel to global automotive client in its acquisition of an aerospace business with operations in the United Kingdom and Sri Lanka.
- Counsel on the sale of a medical diagnostic imaging business to a private equity buyer.
- Counsel on the sale of multiple commercial properties located in Detroit, MI to a strategic purchaser.
- Counsel on the sale of a welding products manufacturer to a strategic buyer.
- Counsel on various leasing transactions for retail, industrial, and office properties.