Dino Hadzibegovic is a member of Dickinson Wright’s Intellectual Property Litigation group, practicing out of the firm’s Silicon Valley office. His practice focuses on patent and trademark litigation, patent portfolio analysis and due diligence. He has represented plaintiffs and defendants in cases related to mobile platform architectures, networking, semiconductors, wireless technology and telecommunication standards, satellite programming transmissions, network security and airline booking systems. He also has extensive experience working with standard essential patents. He has been involved in all aspects of litigation from portfolio analysis and pre-filing investigations through trials, post-trial motions and appeals. Mr. Hadzibegovic is also a registered patent attorney.
In his most recent position with a large vaporizer company, he was responsible for multiple patent and trademark litigations in federal district courts as well as ITC and international courts, and oversaw global resolutions of intellectual property matters, including negotiating multiple pre-litigation and litigation settlement agreements.
Education & Credentials
Georgia Institute of TechnologyB.S., Computer Science, 2001
University of California, Hastings College of the LawJ.D., 2009
- Represented Ericsson in two patent lawsuits involving security, user interface, and platform architecture patents. Ericsson secured a global patent license agreement and settlement of all pending proceedings on favorable terms.
- Represented Pegasus in patent case related to distribution of digital content. Case resolved favorably to Pegasus shortly before trial.
- Represented Plusgrade in a case related to airline booking systems. Obtained summary judgment of invalidity under section 101 in favor of Plusgrade.
- Represented Harris in a patent infringement case involving wireless router technology. Resolved in a favorable settlement for Harris.
- Represented Harris in a patent infringement action relating to beam forming and wireless router technology. Resolved in a favorable settlement agreement for Harris.
- Represented Harris in a patent infringement action relating to collection, storage and wireless transmission of aircraft flight performance. The case settled favorably at the pretrial stage.
- Represented VLSI Technology in identifying, evaluating, and acquiring large patent portfolio from major semiconductor manufacturer.