Education & Credentials
David's primary focus is acting in complex Court-supervised real estate workouts, primarily for Court-appointed receivers and senior mortgage-lenders.
In addition to bankruptcy, insolvency, real estate and security enforcement, the nature of his practice draws upon such varied areas as construction, land development, municipal, condominium, finance, environmental and aboriginal law. David also acts in shareholder and contractual disputes.
David regularly appears before the Commercial List of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in Toronto, which is comprised of a team of judges who have experience in managing complex commercial litigation.
Many of the cases David has successfully argued have been reported in prominent reporting series including the Canadian Bankruptcy Reports and the Real Property Reports. David has also appeared before the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Ontario Divisional Court, the Tax Court of Canada and the Ontario Municipal Board.
- Member of Insolvency Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association
- Member of Canadian Insolvency Foundation
- Member of Turnaround Management Association - Toronto Chapter
- Member of American Bankruptcy Institute
- Co-Author, "Managing Uncertainty Through Financial Crisis Requires Proactive Guidance," Dickinson Wright Client Alert, March 2020