Dave Lockshaw represents our financial services, food and agribusiness, general corporate, and individual clients in commercial litigation, appeals, and government relations. Dave has successfully obtained summary judgment and dismissals in numerous matters, and won at trial and on appeal.
Dave’s focus on financial services litigation involves advising and defending lenders and loan servicers in a variety of matters, including Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), and contested foreclosure cases. Dave also represents financial services companies in commercial foreclosures and loan workouts.
Dave’s general litigation practice involves prosecuting and defending breach of contract, trade secrets, consumer sales practices, and all manner of tort claims. An accomplished litigator, Dave has practiced civil and administrative law at both the trial and appellate levels in the state and federal courts across Ohio. Dave also formerly clerked for Ohio’s Tenth District Court of Appeals with jurisdiction over appeals from the trial courts in Franklin County (Columbus) and numerous state agencies and licensing boards.
As a lobbyist, Dave advocates on behalf of business interests. Blending his legal experience with policy advocacy skills, Dave formerly served as the Director of Labor and Legal Affairs at the Ohio Chamber of Commerce. Through his work at the Chamber, Dave gained practical insight into how legal and regulatory matters impact business.
Dave is known for his attention to detail and his attentiveness to client needs. He is active in the community through his committee work and as an advisor for local judicial campaigns.
The Ohio State UniversityB.A., Political Science, 2004
University of Akron School of LawJ.D., 2007
- Columbus Business First, "People to Know: Law," October 2017
- Franklin County Republican Party Judicial Salute Committee Chairman, 2017
- Franklin County Republican Party, 2017 Volunteer Fundraiser of the Year
- Franklin County GOP's Jo Ann Davidson Award for Exemplary Service, 2011
- Fannie Mae
- Nestlé USA, Inc.
- PennyMac USA
- Seneca Foods Corporation
- Seterus, Inc.
- SunTrust Mortgage, Inc.
- SunTrust Bank
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce Employment Law Committee, Workers' Compensation Committee, and Public Affairs Committee
- Franklin County Republican Party Judicial Screening Committee, 2017-2018
- Franklin County Republican Party Judicial Salute Committee, 2012-2019
- Chairman, 2017
- Franklin County Republican Party Executive Committee
- Kasich-Taylor Inauguration Committee, 2015
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio