Kathleen Campbell Walker Quoted by CNN Politics on Impact of Gov. Abbot's COVID Order on Migrant Transport
- Walker, Kathleen Campbell.
- Media Mentions
Kathleen Campbell Walker was recently quoted in CNN Politics’ article, “What to Know About Texas Governor’s COVID Order Targeting Migrant Transport.” As of Gov. Greg Abbott’s recent Executive Order to direct the Texas Department of Public Safety to stop any vehicle if there is “reasonable suspicion” that it is transporting certain migrants, who illegally crossed the US-Mexico border or who would have been subject to expulsion under the Title 42 health order started by the Trump administration and continued by President Biden. On August 3, 2021, federal judge Kathleen Cardone in El Paso issued a temporary restraining order prohibiting Governor Abbott from acting on this order to have state troopers stop vehicles until August 13, when she will consider the U.S. Department of Justice’s request to issue a preliminary injunction of the state executive order.
This article discusses why Governor Abbott issued the order, if the order is legal, and how it will be enforced. As a former President of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Kathleen wondered how the department would train its officers in enforcing it based on her prior training of the El Paso County Sheriff’s department in 2006 regarding the enforcement of civil immigration laws due to a court settlement agreement. Click here to read the full article.
- March 30, 2023 Blogs 州の給与透明化法－PERMの求人活動を実施する前に 雇用主が確認すべき5つの問題 | State Pay Transparency Laws: 5 Questions Employers Must Ask Before Starting A PERM Recruitment Campaign
- February 09, 2023 Industry Alerts H-1BのCAPシーズンにおける10のヒント
- October 06, 2022 Industry Alerts DHS Publishes New Final Rule Ending Trump-Era Public Charge Restrictions
- September 26, 2022 Blogs 移民局、コロナ禍の署名方針を恒久化へ | USCIS Makes Covid-19 Signature Policy Permanent
- September 23, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2022 Texas Super Lawyers
- September 08, 2022 Blogs 移民局の雇用に基づくグリーンカード申請に関する2022年度末におけるFAQのトップ3 | Top Three Employment-Based USCIS Adjustment of Status FAQS at The End of Fiscal Year 2022
- June 1, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2022 Chambers USA Guide; 41 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- March 22, 2022 Industry Alerts Form I-9 Alert - USCIS Designates I-94s with New Admission Codes For E and L Spouses as List C Documents... What?
- March 22, 2022 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2022 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars