- Walker, Kathleen Campbell.
- Media Mentions
Kathleen Campbell Walker was recently quoted in CNN Politics’ article, “What to Know About Texas Governor’s COVID Order Targeting Migrant Transport.” As of Gov. Greg Abbott’s recent Executive Order to direct the Texas Department of Public Safety to stop any vehicle if there is “reasonable suspicion” that it is transporting certain migrants, who illegally crossed the US-Mexico border or who would have been subject to expulsion under the Title 42 health order started by the Trump administration and continued by President Biden. On August 3, 2021, federal judge Kathleen Cardone in El Paso issued a temporary restraining order prohibiting Governor Abbott from acting on this order to have state troopers stop vehicles until August 13, when she will consider the U.S. Department of Justice’s request to issue a preliminary injunction of the state executive order.
This article discusses why Governor Abbott issued the order, if the order is legal, and how it will be enforced. As a former President of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Kathleen wondered how the department would train its officers in enforcing it based on her prior training of the El Paso County Sheriff’s department in 2006 regarding the enforcement of civil immigration laws due to a court settlement agreement. Click here to read the full article.
- June 1, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2022 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- March 22, 2022 Industry Alerts Form I-9 Alert - USCIS Designates I-94s with New Admission Codes For E and L Spouses as List C Documents... What?
- March 22, 2022 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2022 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- December 1, 2021 In the News Kathleen Campbell Walker Named to Lawdragon’s 500 Leading U.S. Corporate Employment Lawyers of America
- October 08, 2021 Industry Alerts Key September USCIS Process Updates
- September 27, 2021 In the News Suzanne Sukkar Named Chair of the State of Michigan’s Commission on Middle Eastern American Affairs
- September 22, 2021 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Texas Super Lawyers
- September 14, 2021 Blogs COVID-19 Vaccinations Required for Green Card and Immigrant Visa Medical Exams Starting October 1, 2021
- August 09, 2021 Blogs Remote Work Policy: Immigration and Post-COVID