- Kay, Eric
- Industry Alerts
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
We previously distributed two Client Alerts with respect to the new employer obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). See links below for our Client Alerts dated January 16, 2013 and October 15, 2015.
To summarize, the AODA mandates the following:
- Customer Service Standard
- Information and Communications Standard
- Employment Standard
- Transportation Standard
- Design of Public Spaces Standard
Note that a new requirement under of the AODA will come into effect:
December 31, 2017
By this date, all businesses/organizations having 20 or more employees must file an online AODA compliance report with the Government of Ontario confirming its continued compliance with the AODA.
Failure to comply with reporting (and other obligations) under the AODA could result in:
- a fine of up to $100,000 per day for a corporation/organization that is found guilty; and
- a fine of up to $50,000 per day for directors and officers of a corporation/organization that is found guilty.
Prior Client Alert links: AODA Reporting and New Ontario Accessibility Laws Take Effect January 1
This Client Alert is published by Dickinson Wright LLP to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the field of labour and employment law . The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright lawyer if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered in here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
W. Eric Kay is a partner in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto Office and can be reached at 416.777.4011 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew J. Skinner is a partner in Dickinson Wright’s Toronto Office and can be reached at 416.777.4033 or email@example.com
If you would like a printable version of client alert, click here.
- Industry Alerts Litigation Law Newsletter, Volume 2, Number 1: Security for Costs
- Industry Alerts Implications of Uber Technologies Inc. v. Heller
- Industry Alerts Where to Next? Ontario Court of Appeal Rules that Arbitration Clause is Invalid, Clearing the Road for Class Action against Uber
- January 14, 2022 Industry Alerts U.S. Supreme Court Splits the Baby as It Stays the Private Employer Vaccine or Test Mandate but Keeps the Healthcare Vaccine Mandate in Place
- December 20, 2021 Industry Alerts Private Employer Vaccine Mandate Moves Forward as Sixth Circuit Dissolves Fifth Circuit’s OSHA ETS Stay
- November 30, 2021 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- November 29, 2021 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Mentioned by Business Insurance on Employers and Vaccine Exemptions
- November 17, 2021 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by HR Dive on Texas Federal Judge Upholding United Airlines Vaccine Mandate
- November 16, 2021 Webinars The Private Employer Vaccine Mandate: It’s Here, It’s There, It’s Every Where and What You Need to Know About It