- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Dan Ujczo (Member and Cross-Border Practice Group Chair, Columbus) spoke with National Post regarding President Trump’s signing of the USMCA implementation bill, which was approved by Congress after extensive negotiations with Democrats in the House of Representatives and the U.S. Trade Representative’s office, for an article titled “Trump signs off on USMCA, shifting focus, pressure back to House of Commons.” The changes to the bill negotiated by Democrats allows Mexican workers protections including the right to organize, form, and join the union of their choice, among other measures.
"In my view, the labour reforms being undertaken in Mexico are the largest labour reforms ever undertaken in North America, including the New Deal in the U.S.,” Dan said. “It is a huge undertaking, and so every Canadian and U.S. company that has operations in Mexico had better get ready for a significant adjustment period on labour and employment issues in Mexico.”
To read more, click here.
- February 05, 2021 Media Mentions Mark High Featured on UnpublishedTV to Discuss Canada-U.S. Relationship Under Biden
- February 02, 2021 Webinars CUSBA Presents 9th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast
- November 23, 2020 Industry Alerts Canadian Data Privacy Laws Are Changing. Is Your Business Ready to Keep Up?
- September 23, 2020 Industry Alerts DW China Trade Update (35th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十五期)
- September 2020 Blogs 米国移民局の予算危機と米国移民制度への潜在的影響 | The USCIS Budget Crisis and Its Potential Impact on the U.S. Immigration System
- August 19, 2020 Webinars Strategies for Easing Non-Essential Travel Restrictions at the Canada-US Border
- August 2020 Industry Alerts タイムリーにEADカードが発行がされないためI-9を完了できないことについての米国移民局(USCIS)の対応 | USCIS Accommodation on I-9 Completion Due to its Inability to Issue Timely EAD Cards
- July 09, 2020 Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode VI - Environmental Considerations and the Path Forward to a “Living” USMCA
- July 08, 2020 Webinars Vietnam and the Great Supply Chain Realignment