Sara Jodka Quoted by Law.com on Amazon Data CollectionREAD MORE
- Jodka, Sara H.
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Sara H. Jodka (Member, Columbus) was quoted by Law.com for an article titled “Consent for all? Smart Devices, Apps Don’t Need All-Party Opt-In to Record,” which discusses the recent admissions by a number of high-profile tech companies, including Facebook and Amazon, that contractors listen to and transcribe audio recordings made by users through their products to improve accuracy.
Sara warns tech companies that failure to anonymize user identity in transcripts could lead to “potential liability” when it comes to consent laws in full-party consent states. “That opens you [up] to categories of information and state law protections about how that information needs to be captured and stored,” she said.
- March 14, 2023 Industry Alerts FTC Bans BetterHelp, Inc. From Revealing Consumers’ Sensitive Health Data to Third Parties for Advertising
- July 5, 2022 In the News Sara Jodka Named to National Law Journal’s 2022 Employment Law Trailblazers List
- June 28, 2022 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton Quoted by Canadian Lawyer Magazine on Proposed Federal Privacy Law
- February 24, 2022 In the News Sean Gouhin Joins Dickinson Wright Columbus Office
- December 28, 2021 Media Mentions Fredric Bellamy Quoted by Law360 on the Biggest Privacy Developments in 2021
- July 20, 2021 Media Mentions Fredric Bellamy Featured In Tech Republic on Accelerating Ransomware Attacks
- July 20, 2021 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton Featured in Canadian Lawyer Magazine on New Federal Privacy Legislation
- June 30, 2021 In the News Fredric Bellamy Joins Dickinson Wright’s Phoenix Office
- January 13, 2021 In the News Sara Jodka Earns CIPP/E Certification from the International Association of Privacy Professionals