- Redway, H. Jonathan
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Jon Redway (Member, Washington, D.C.) was recently quoted by Financial Planning for an article dissecting the lawsuit brought against EnvestNet by FinancialApps. FinancialApps is suing the company for fraud and misappropriation of trade secrets after a partnership between the two firms soured earlier this year. Envestnet is alleged to have entered an agreement to develop a platform with FinancialApps, which they then tried to replicate as a separate, competing platform.
Jon argues that the case is not clear cut, as FinancialApps provided EnvestNet with coding for the program. “It's not like a case where the defendant was not given anything and went in and figured the trade secrets out for themselves,” Redway said. “What they were allegedly given was part of the trade secret. Code can definitely be a trade secret.”
- June 14, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2021 Edition
- June 14, 2021 In the News Sara Jodka Quoted by Crain's Detroit Business on Vaccine Requirements in Health Systems
- June 10, 2021 Media Mentions Michael Lipton, Q.C., Quoted by National Magazine on Possible Legalization of Single-Event Sports Betting in Canada
- June 9, 2021 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2021 IP Stars
- June 07, 2021 Industry Alerts Aaron Burrell Named to ABA Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Profession
- June 7, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Statement Condemning Antisemitism
- June 04, 2021 Media Mentions Andrea Arndt Featured in Trademark Lawyer Magazine on Amazon's Advances Against Counterfeit Products
- June 3, 2021 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Nevada Business's Legal Elite 2021
- June 1, 2021 In the News U.S. District Court Grants Inag Inc. Order to Strike Expert Report in Patent Infringement Case