- Redway, H. Jonathan
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Jon Redway (Member, Washington, D.C.) was recently quoted by Financial Planning for an article dissecting the lawsuit brought against EnvestNet by FinancialApps. FinancialApps is suing the company for fraud and misappropriation of trade secrets after a partnership between the two firms soured earlier this year. Envestnet is alleged to have entered an agreement to develop a platform with FinancialApps, which they then tried to replicate as a separate, competing platform.
Jon argues that the case is not clear cut, as FinancialApps provided EnvestNet with coding for the program. “It's not like a case where the defendant was not given anything and went in and figured the trade secrets out for themselves,” Redway said. “What they were allegedly given was part of the trade secret. Code can definitely be a trade secret.”
- December 15, 2022 Webinars Two New Tools to Enforce and Defend Your Company’s Trademark Rights
- December 07, 2022 Webinars Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court -- Let's Explore the New European Patent Universe
- November 30, 2022 In the News Forty Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named DBusiness 2023 Top Lawyers
- November 29, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- November 23, 2022 Industry Alerts Caleb Green recently spoke on the panel "The New Business Models: More Remote Work Brings More Significant Physical and Cybersecurity Issues"
- November 17, 2022 Industry Alerts Asset Protection Newsletter Series Presented by Dickinson Wright, PLLC
- November 16, 2022 Industry Alerts Sanjukta Tole spoke at the World Intellectual Property Organization's seminar Practical Aspects of the Madrid System for the International Registration of Marks for Advanced Users
- November 16, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized by Diversity & Flexibility Alliance as a 2022 “Tipping the Scales” Honoree
- November 14, 2022 Media Mentions Vail C. Cloar recently spoke on the Phoenix Business Journal's Table of Experts segment, "Cybersecurity and Digital Privacy."