- Redway, H. Jonathan
- Media Mentions
Jon Redway (Member, Washington, D.C.) was recently quoted by Financial Planning for an article dissecting the lawsuit brought against EnvestNet by FinancialApps. FinancialApps is suing the company for fraud and misappropriation of trade secrets after a partnership between the two firms soured earlier this year. Envestnet is alleged to have entered an agreement to develop a platform with FinancialApps, which they then tried to replicate as a separate, competing platform.
Jon argues that the case is not clear cut, as FinancialApps provided EnvestNet with coding for the program. “It's not like a case where the defendant was not given anything and went in and figured the trade secrets out for themselves,” Redway said. “What they were allegedly given was part of the trade secret. Code can definitely be a trade secret.”
- December 14, 2020 Webinars Mobility Innovation in the Great Lakes - Alive and Well
- November 30, 2020 Webinars Unmasking COVID’s Second Wave: ‘Deals’ in Masks, Gloves, Cleaning and other Solutions Present Contracting, Audit, Regulatory and Enforcement Risks
- November 23, 2020 Media Mentions William Honaker Discusses Underrepresentation of Female Inventors on The Feldman Report
- November 23, 2020 Industry Alerts Canadian Data Privacy Laws Are Changing. Is Your Business Ready to Keep Up?
- November 17, 2020 In the News Chris Ryan Pens Article on Physician Noncompetition Agreements in Michigan for Healthcare Michigan
- November 17, 2020 Media Mentions Philip Retting Quoted by Crain's Detroit on IP Work During the Pandemic
- November 17, 2020 Media Mentions Dan Ujczo Quoted by Politico on Issues Canada Will Tackle with Biden White House
- November 16, 2020 In the News Cindy Villanueva Elected Communications Director for Los Abogados Board of Directors
- November 13, 2020 Industry Alerts While the Nation Focused on the Presidential Race, California Expanded Its Privacy Laws and “Yes” Non-California Businesses Are Likely Impacted