- Lipton, Q.C., Michael D.
- Media Mentions
Michael Lipton, QC, was quoted in National Magazine’s article, “Place Your Bets.” It is looking like the federal government will be legalizing single-event sports wagering as soon as the Safe and Regulated Sports Betting Act (Bill C-218) clears the Senate. If this bill passes, then it will be up to the provinces to figure out the shape betting will take in Canada, including whether to implement a competitive gaming regime or retain their monopolistic hold on gambling. "Ontario is moving away from the monopoly model but unless other jurisdictions do the same thing, you're still going to have a problem with offshore operators competing with monopolies in Canada for Canadians to place bets," said Lipton. Click here to read the full article.
- July 15-16, 2021 Webinars Patrick Sullivan and Greg Gemignani to Participate in Next Gen Gaming Virtual Seminar
- May 25, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 18: Attorney General of Quebec v. Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
- May 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2021 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 03, 2021 Media Mentions Michael Lipton, Q.C. Quoted by Law.com International on Canadian Law Firms and Growth in Gaming Law
- April 19, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 17: Canada Continues Push for Single-Game Sports Betting
- March 24, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 16
- March 03, 2021 Media Mentions Michael Lipton, Q.C. Presents as Speaker for International Masters of Gaming Law's 2021 Spring Conference
- February 25, 2021 In the News Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. and Kathleen Campbell Walker Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2021
- January 22, 2021 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver, Gregory Gemignani, and Patrick Sullivan Quoted on Biden Administration Predictions