- Lipton, Q.C., Michael D.
- Media Mentions
Michael Lipton, QC, was quoted in National Magazine’s article, “Place Your Bets.” It is looking like the federal government will be legalizing single-event sports wagering as soon as the Safe and Regulated Sports Betting Act (Bill C-218) clears the Senate. If this bill passes, then it will be up to the provinces to figure out the shape betting will take in Canada, including whether to implement a competitive gaming regime or retain their monopolistic hold on gambling. "Ontario is moving away from the monopoly model but unless other jurisdictions do the same thing, you're still going to have a problem with offshore operators competing with monopolies in Canada for Canadians to place bets," said Lipton. Click here to read the full article.
- September 15, 2021 In the News American Gaming Association to Induct Jeffrey Silver into Gaming Hall of Fame
- September 14, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Silver Quoted in Gaming America on History of Dining in Las Vegas
- August 26, 2021 In the News Six Dickinson Wright Lawyers Ranked in Best Lawyers in Canada® 2022 Edition
- July 16, 2021 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mountain State Super Lawyers
- July 15-16, 2021 Webinars Patrick Sullivan and Greg Gemignani to Participate in Next Gen Gaming Virtual Seminar
- June 01, 2021 Industry Alerts New Developments: Regulation of Payment Service Providers in Canada
- May 25, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 18: Attorney General of Quebec v. Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
- May 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2021 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 03, 2021 Media Mentions Michael Lipton, Q.C. Quoted by Law.com International on Canadian Law Firms and Growth in Gaming Law