- Lipton, Q.C., Michael D.
- Media Mentions
Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. was quoted in Law.com International’s article, “Canadian Law Firms Bet on Growth in Gaming Practices as Government Moves Toward Legalizing Sports Wagering.” The House of Commons passed a bill to amend Canada’s Criminal Code removing the prohibition on single-event sports betting which is now on its way to Senate for final approval before becoming law. Lawyers are anticipating the move to create more legal work on the regulatory side and in M&A. These laws will no doubt mean an expansion for the practices across the country with limited gaming lawyers and that have practices mostly related to land-based casinos. “I think there’s going to be lots of opportunities for lawyers to become involved in this work,” says Michael. Click here to read more.
- October 14, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Silver Interviewed in Nevada Newsmakers on His Career
- October 6, 2021 In the News Rachel Schaffer Lawson Joins Dickinson Wright Nashville Office
- September 28, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Silver Featured in Las Vegas Review-Journal on Chairman John Moran's Final Commission Meeting
- September 17, 2021 Jeff Silver Quoted by CDC Gaming Reports on Dubai World Sale of 50% of Aria Resort and Casino to MGM
- September 15, 2021 In the News American Gaming Association to Induct Jeffrey Silver into Gaming Hall of Fame
- September 14, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Silver Quoted in Gaming America on History of Dining in Las Vegas
- August 26, 2021 In the News Six Dickinson Wright Lawyers Ranked in Best Lawyers in Canada® 2022 Edition
- July 16, 2021 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mountain State Super Lawyers
- July 15-16, 2021 Webinars Patrick Sullivan and Greg Gemignani to Participate in Next Gen Gaming Virtual Seminar