- Lipton, K.C., Michael D.
- Media Mentions
Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. was quoted in Law.com International’s article, “Canadian Law Firms Bet on Growth in Gaming Practices as Government Moves Toward Legalizing Sports Wagering.” The House of Commons passed a bill to amend Canada’s Criminal Code removing the prohibition on single-event sports betting which is now on its way to Senate for final approval before becoming law. Lawyers are anticipating the move to create more legal work on the regulatory side and in M&A. These laws will no doubt mean an expansion for the practices across the country with limited gaming lawyers and that have practices mostly related to land-based casinos. “I think there’s going to be lots of opportunities for lawyers to become involved in this work,” says Michael. Click here to read more.
- November 21, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Canada 2023
- September 28, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2024 Edition of Chambers Canada
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- October 6, 2022 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Canada 2022
- September 30, 2022 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2023 Edition of Chambers Canada
- August 25, 2022 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Lawyers Ranked in Best Lawyers in Canada® 2023 Edition
- May 09, 2022 Industry Alerts Operators, Start Your Engines; But Beware of Sanctions
- April 25, 2022 Media Mentions Rachel Schaffer Lawson Interviewed by The Whiskey Wash on Direct to Consumer Shipping Laws
- March 02, 2022 Media Mentions Gregory Gemignani Quoted by US Gaming Review on DOJ Response to IGT Wire Act Lawsuit