- Lipton, Q.C., Michael D.
- Media Mentions
Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. was quoted in Law.com International’s article, “Canadian Law Firms Bet on Growth in Gaming Practices as Government Moves Toward Legalizing Sports Wagering.” The House of Commons passed a bill to amend Canada’s Criminal Code removing the prohibition on single-event sports betting which is now on its way to Senate for final approval before becoming law. Lawyers are anticipating the move to create more legal work on the regulatory side and in M&A. These laws will no doubt mean an expansion for the practices across the country with limited gaming lawyers and that have practices mostly related to land-based casinos. “I think there’s going to be lots of opportunities for lawyers to become involved in this work,” says Michael. Click here to read more.
- July 16, 2021 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mountain State Super Lawyers
- July 15-16, 2021 Webinars Patrick Sullivan and Greg Gemignani to Participate in Next Gen Gaming Virtual Seminar
- June 10, 2021 Media Mentions Michael Lipton, Q.C., Quoted by National Magazine on Possible Legalization of Single-Event Sports Betting in Canada
- June 01, 2021 Industry Alerts New Developments: Regulation of Payment Service Providers in Canada
- May 25, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 18: Attorney General of Quebec v. Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
- May 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2021 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 19, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 17: Canada Continues Push for Single-Game Sports Betting
- March 24, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 16
- March 03, 2021 Media Mentions Michael Lipton, Q.C. Presents as Speaker for International Masters of Gaming Law's 2021 Spring Conference