- Lipton, Q.C., Michael D.
- Media Mentions
Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. was quoted in Law.com International’s article, “Canadian Law Firms Bet on Growth in Gaming Practices as Government Moves Toward Legalizing Sports Wagering.” The House of Commons passed a bill to amend Canada’s Criminal Code removing the prohibition on single-event sports betting which is now on its way to Senate for final approval before becoming law. Lawyers are anticipating the move to create more legal work on the regulatory side and in M&A. These laws will no doubt mean an expansion for the practices across the country with limited gaming lawyers and that have practices mostly related to land-based casinos. “I think there’s going to be lots of opportunities for lawyers to become involved in this work,” says Michael. Click here to read more.
- April 19, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 17: Canada Continues Push for Single-Game Sports Betting
- March 24, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 16
- March 03, 2021 Media Mentions Michael Lipton, Q.C. Presents as Speaker for International Masters of Gaming Law's 2021 Spring Conference
- February 25, 2021 In the News Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. and Kathleen Campbell Walker Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2021
- January 22, 2021 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver, Gregory Gemignani, and Patrick Sullivan Quoted on Biden Administration Predictions
- December 17, 2020 Industry Alerts UPDATED: Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 15: Gaming in the Biden Administration - What to Expect Next
- December 01, 2020 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver Featured in Gaming America Magazine on Pandemic Silver Linings for Las Vegas
- October 27, 2020 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 14: Internal Revenue Service Makes Determination Regarding Tax Liability for Daily Fantasy Sports Operators and Potential Write-Offs for Players
- September 15, 2020 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2021 Edition of Chambers Canada