- Lipton, Q.C., Michael D.
- Media Mentions
Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. was quoted in Law.com International’s article, “Canadian Law Firms Bet on Growth in Gaming Practices as Government Moves Toward Legalizing Sports Wagering.” The House of Commons passed a bill to amend Canada’s Criminal Code removing the prohibition on single-event sports betting which is now on its way to Senate for final approval before becoming law. Lawyers are anticipating the move to create more legal work on the regulatory side and in M&A. These laws will no doubt mean an expansion for the practices across the country with limited gaming lawyers and that have practices mostly related to land-based casinos. “I think there’s going to be lots of opportunities for lawyers to become involved in this work,” says Michael. Click here to read more.
- May 09, 2022 Industry Alerts Operators, Start Your Engines; But Beware of Sanctions
- April 25, 2022 Media Mentions Rachel Schaffer Lawson Interviewed by The Whiskey Wash on Direct to Consumer Shipping Laws
- March 02, 2022 Media Mentions Gregory Gemignani Quoted by US Gaming Review on DOJ Response to IGT Wire Act Lawsuit
- December 15, 2021 Media Mentions Gregory Gemignani and Jeffrey Silver Interviewed by US Gaming Review on IGT Wire Act Lawsuit
- December 09, 2021 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver Published in Gaming America on the Future of Brick and Mortar Casinos
- November 22, 2021 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Canada 2021
- October 28, 2021 Industry Alerts Goodbye Parlays, Hello Single Event Betting: Ontario Rolls out New Standards for Sport and Event Betting
- October 28, 2021 Industry Alerts Quebec Exemptions to Publicity Contest Rules: Sponsors Welcome to Quebec
- October 14, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Silver Interviewed in Nevada Newsmakers on His Career