- Schreier, Jordan
- Media Mentions
Ann Arbor Lawyer Jordan Schreier was quoted in the Law360 article, “3 Gray Areas ERISA Lawyers Want Cleared Up”
The article asked select employee benefits attorneys what new law or regulatory change they would want passed if they could. Jordan said he would want enhanced legal protections for qualified retirement plan investment fund selections.
In regards to this, Jordan said he believed a safe harbor provision should be considered. Such a provision should prevent a committee’s fund selection decisions from being challenged “as long as the committee has met and talked about the fund selection and articulated reasons [why] they have selected a particular fund or an investment approach.” He said. “I serve as legal counsel to a lot of 401(k) investment committees, and it’s a constant topic of conversation.” Jordan said, “They spend a reasonable amount of time worrying about lawsuits despite the fact they’ve spent a lot of time doing due diligence.”
To read the full article, please click here.
- August 2019 Industry Alerts New HRA Alternatives for Employers
- April 25, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Tops Rankings in 2019 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- March 2019 Industry Alerts The IRS Backtracks on Retiree Lump Sum Window Prohibition; Some Concerns Remain
- February 2019 Industry Alerts New IRS Technical Advice Memorandum Suggests There May Not Always be Such a Thing as a Free Lunch for Employees
- February 2019 Industry Alerts The IRS and the FICA, FUTA and Federal Income Tax Traps for Employers with Non-Resident Alien Employees
- December 6, 2018 Webinars Telemedicine Hot Topics for Providers and Employers - What's Hot, What's Not, and What's New?
- October 25, 2018 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host Sunrise Seminar on "The Top 10 Insider Tips for Operating a Gold Standard 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Plan"
- March 2018 Industry Alerts Final ERISA Claims Procedures for Plans Providing Disability Benefits Effective April 1, 2018
- December 29, 2017 Industry Alerts Tax Reform: The Five Big Changes Affecting Employee Benefits