- Schreier, Jordan
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Ann Arbor Lawyer Jordan Schreier was quoted in the Law360 article, “3 Gray Areas ERISA Lawyers Want Cleared Up”
The article asked select employee benefits attorneys what new law or regulatory change they would want passed if they could. Jordan said he would want enhanced legal protections for qualified retirement plan investment fund selections.
In regards to this, Jordan said he believed a safe harbor provision should be considered. Such a provision should prevent a committee’s fund selection decisions from being challenged “as long as the committee has met and talked about the fund selection and articulated reasons [why] they have selected a particular fund or an investment approach.” He said. “I serve as legal counsel to a lot of 401(k) investment committees, and it’s a constant topic of conversation.” Jordan said, “They spend a reasonable amount of time worrying about lawsuits despite the fact they’ve spent a lot of time doing due diligence.”
To read the full article, please click here.
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- January 26, 2023 Industry Alerts Tick Tock – Michigan Employers Are on the Earned Sick Time Clock
- July 07, 2022 Industry Alerts Action Items Plan Sponsors Should Consider in the Wake of the U.S. Supreme Court Dobbs Decision on Abortion
- June 1, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2022 Chambers USA Guide; 41 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- December 01, 2021 Industry Alerts 2021 ACA Information Reporting Update: Extended "Furnishing" Deadline But No More "Good Faith" Relief
- June 01, 2021 Industry Alerts IRS Guidance on COBRA Subsidy, Part III: Claiming the Premium Assistance Credit
- May 26, 2021 Industry Alerts IRS Guidance on COBRA Subsidy, Part II: Determining Assistance Eligible Individuals and Dealing with the Extended Election Period
- May 25, 2021 Media Mentions Eric Gregory Quoted by PlanSponsor on Overpaid Retirement Benefits
- May 24, 2021 Industry Alerts IRS Guidance on COBRA Subsidy, Part I: Involuntary Termination, Reduction in Hours, and Group Health Plans Covered by the Subsidy