- Jodka, Sara H.
- Media Mentions
Sara H. Jodka (Member, Columbus) was quoted by Law.com for an article titled “Consent for all? Smart Devices, Apps Don’t Need All-Party Opt-In to Record,” which discusses the recent admissions by a number of high-profile tech companies, including Facebook and Amazon, that contractors listen to and transcribe audio recordings made by users through their products to improve accuracy.
Sara warns tech companies that failure to anonymize user identity in transcripts could lead to “potential liability” when it comes to consent laws in full-party consent states. “That opens you [up] to categories of information and state law protections about how that information needs to be captured and stored,” she said.
- September 2019 Industry Alerts Nevada's New Privacy Bill Requires Website Operators That Collect Information About Consumers to Update Privacy Policies by October 1, 2019
- August 30, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by Law.com on Amazon Data Collection
- July 17, 2019 Webinars A Step-by-Step Guide Through California's (and now Nevada's) Consumer Privacy Acts
- July 15, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by TheLaw.com on Amazon Alexa Recordings
- July 15, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Wall Street Journal Article on Federal Cybersecurity Help for Cities, States
- May 24, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by InvestmentNews Regarding Redtail Data Leak
- April 5, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Bloomberg Article on Health Data Privacy Laws
- January 2019 Industry Alerts With Everyone Being the Victim of a Data Breach, the Illinois Supreme Court’s Decision Not Requiring Actual Harm to Pursue a Claim for Improper Collection of Biometric Data May Give a Hint of the Future
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Cybersecurity Update: First SEC Enforcement Action Involving the Identity Theft Red Flags Rule Results in Settlement