- Jodka, Sara H.
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Sara H. Jodka (Member, Columbus) was quoted by Law.com for an article titled “Consent for all? Smart Devices, Apps Don’t Need All-Party Opt-In to Record,” which discusses the recent admissions by a number of high-profile tech companies, including Facebook and Amazon, that contractors listen to and transcribe audio recordings made by users through their products to improve accuracy.
Sara warns tech companies that failure to anonymize user identity in transcripts could lead to “potential liability” when it comes to consent laws in full-party consent states. “That opens you [up] to categories of information and state law protections about how that information needs to be captured and stored,” she said.
- January 13, 2021 In the News Sara Jodka Earns CIPP/E Certification from the International Association of Privacy Professionals
- November 23, 2020 Industry Alerts Canadian Data Privacy Laws Are Changing. Is Your Business Ready to Keep Up?
- November 13, 2020 Industry Alerts While the Nation Focused on the Presidential Race, California Expanded Its Privacy Laws and “Yes” Non-California Businesses Are Likely Impacted
- April 2020 Industry Alerts COVID-19 Poses Increased Cybersecurity Risks to Employers and Businesses
- March 11, 2020 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by The Journal of Cyber Policy on Cyberinsecurity
- February 2020 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Discusses Facebook’s Argument Against the California Consumer Privacy Act with Consumer Affairs
- December 4, 2019 Webinars The CCPA Update: What the Amendments and the Attorney General's Regulations Really Mean for Your Business
- October 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Discusses Cyber Insurance with CreditCards.com
- October 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by International Financial Law Review on US Companies’ Reaction to California’s Data Protection Law