- Jodka, Sara H.
- Media Mentions
Sara H. Jodka (Member, Columbus) was quoted by Law.com for an article titled “Consent for all? Smart Devices, Apps Don’t Need All-Party Opt-In to Record,” which discusses the recent admissions by a number of high-profile tech companies, including Facebook and Amazon, that contractors listen to and transcribe audio recordings made by users through their products to improve accuracy.
Sara warns tech companies that failure to anonymize user identity in transcripts could lead to “potential liability” when it comes to consent laws in full-party consent states. “That opens you [up] to categories of information and state law protections about how that information needs to be captured and stored,” she said.
- April 2020 Industry Alerts COVID-19 Poses Increased Cybersecurity Risks to Employers and Businesses
- March 11, 2020 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by The Journal of Cyber Policy on Cyberinsecurity
- February 2020 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Discusses Facebook’s Argument Against the California Consumer Privacy Act with Consumer Affairs
- December 4, 2019 Webinars The CCPA Update: What the Amendments and the Attorney General's Regulations Really Mean for Your Business
- October 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Discusses Cyber Insurance with CreditCards.com
- October 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by International Financial Law Review on US Companies’ Reaction to California’s Data Protection Law
- September 2019 Industry Alerts CCPA Amendments Pass Adding Some Clarity to Scope and Industry Breathing Room, Especially to B2B Businesses
- September 2019 Industry Alerts Nevada's New Privacy Bill Requires Website Operators That Collect Information About Consumers to Update Privacy Policies by October 1, 2019
- August 30, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by Law.com on Amazon Data Collection