- Grix, Henry M.
- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Dickinson Wright PLLC is pleased to announce that Henry M. Grix (Member, Troy) will be honored alongside Howard Israel with The Edmund T. Ahee Jewel Award for Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser during the Association of Fundraising Professionals for Greater Detroit’s National Philanthropy Day celebration on November 22, 2020.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals for Greater Detroit (AFP Detroit) is partnering with Detroit Public TV and Hour Media to bring the awards to life on television and in print. Each of this year’s honorees will be featured in “talk show” segments recognizing their role in philanthropic efforts during the show. The TV broadcast is scheduled for Nov. 22 from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Detroit Public TV. “Howard and I are honored to be receiving this award alongside other very deserving fundraisers who are doing great work throughout Metro Detroit,” says Henry.
The Edmund T. Ahee Jewel Award for Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser, in memory of Edmund T. Ahee, is presented to an individual who has demonstrated exceptional leadership skills in volunteer fundraising, and in coordinating and motivating groups of volunteers for major fundraising projects for more than one non-profit organization. ACLU of Michigan nominated Henry and Howard for their support and advocacy for LGBT rights, both in their own giving and in encouraging others to support key LGBT nonprofit organizations. From racial equity and transformative justice initiatives, to supporting asylum seekers and refugees, Howard and Henry have had a significant and positive impact on organizations locally and nationwide. Some of the nonprofits they have had a significant impact on include ACLU of Michigan, LGBT Detroit, Ruth Ellis Center, the HOPE Fund, Outlaws, and the Gill Fund. To learn more about their extraordinary efforts throughout the years, please click here.
Henry and Howard will be honored along with the following honorees:
- James and Patti Anderson, Max M. Fisher Award for Outstanding Philanthropist
- Chuck Hammond, Dr. John S. Lore Award for Outstanding Fundraising Executive
- University of Detroit Jesuit High School, Sparky Anderson Award for Youth in Philanthropy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Outstanding Corporation Award
- Pontiac Community Foundation, Spirit of Philanthropy Award
- Mariam Noland (President and CEO, Community Foundation for SE Michigan), Special Lifetime Achievement Award for Leadership in Philanthropy Award
- Priya Mann, Neal Shine Award for Media Commitment to Philanthropy
- Lizabeth Ardisana, George W. Romney Award for Lifetime Achievement in Volunteerism
National Philanthropy Day began in the 1980s and is a special day set aside during the month of November, with the purpose of recognizing the great contributions of philanthropy - and those people active in the philanthropic community - to the enrichment of our world. The day provides an opportunity to reflect on the meaning of giving and all that it has made possible. NPD celebrates the endless daily contributions individuals and organizations across the world make to countless causes and missions. To learn more about the 29th Annual National Philanthropy Day “National Philanthropy Day 2020: Rising to the Challenge Together,” please click here.
- October 19, 2023 Webinars Dickinson Wright Health Care Webinar Series
- September 28, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2024 Edition of Chambers Canada
- September 28, 2023 In the News Matthew Powell and Michael Spink Listed in the 2023 Edition of the IAM Strategy 300
- September 28, 2023 In the News Alexandria Chun Joins Dickinson Wright Toronto Office
- September 26, 2023 Media Mentions Check out Kathleen Campbell Walker’s recent mention in the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) article, “How to Document Remote Verification of I-9s.”
- September 26, 2023 Industry Alerts Plugged In: An EV Newsletter Volume 1 No. 7
- September 26, 2023 Industry Alerts Lloyd Pierre-Louis and Sharaé Williams recently participated with the Midwest Black Law Student Association's 2023 Academic and Leadership Retreat.
- September 25, 2023 Media Mentions Check out Sara Jodka’s recent mention in the Business Insurance article, “More lawsuits likely in data breaches where no harm’s alleged.”
- September 22, 2023 Industry Alerts Congratulations to John Krieger recognized at the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Nevada’s annual gala on August 24, 2023