- Grix, Henry M.
- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Dickinson Wright PLLC is pleased to announce that Henry M. Grix (Member, Troy) will be honored alongside Howard Israel with The Edmund T. Ahee Jewel Award for Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser during the Association of Fundraising Professionals for Greater Detroit’s National Philanthropy Day celebration on November 22, 2020.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals for Greater Detroit (AFP Detroit) is partnering with Detroit Public TV and Hour Media to bring the awards to life on television and in print. Each of this year’s honorees will be featured in “talk show” segments recognizing their role in philanthropic efforts during the show. The TV broadcast is scheduled for Nov. 22 from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Detroit Public TV. “Howard and I are honored to be receiving this award alongside other very deserving fundraisers who are doing great work throughout Metro Detroit,” says Henry.
The Edmund T. Ahee Jewel Award for Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser, in memory of Edmund T. Ahee, is presented to an individual who has demonstrated exceptional leadership skills in volunteer fundraising, and in coordinating and motivating groups of volunteers for major fundraising projects for more than one non-profit organization. ACLU of Michigan nominated Henry and Howard for their support and advocacy for LGBT rights, both in their own giving and in encouraging others to support key LGBT nonprofit organizations. From racial equity and transformative justice initiatives, to supporting asylum seekers and refugees, Howard and Henry have had a significant and positive impact on organizations locally and nationwide. Some of the nonprofits they have had a significant impact on include ACLU of Michigan, LGBT Detroit, Ruth Ellis Center, the HOPE Fund, Outlaws, and the Gill Fund. To learn more about their extraordinary efforts throughout the years, please click here.
Henry and Howard will be honored along with the following honorees:
- James and Patti Anderson, Max M. Fisher Award for Outstanding Philanthropist
- Chuck Hammond, Dr. John S. Lore Award for Outstanding Fundraising Executive
- University of Detroit Jesuit High School, Sparky Anderson Award for Youth in Philanthropy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Outstanding Corporation Award
- Pontiac Community Foundation, Spirit of Philanthropy Award
- Mariam Noland (President and CEO, Community Foundation for SE Michigan), Special Lifetime Achievement Award for Leadership in Philanthropy Award
- Priya Mann, Neal Shine Award for Media Commitment to Philanthropy
- Lizabeth Ardisana, George W. Romney Award for Lifetime Achievement in Volunteerism
National Philanthropy Day began in the 1980s and is a special day set aside during the month of November, with the purpose of recognizing the great contributions of philanthropy - and those people active in the philanthropic community - to the enrichment of our world. The day provides an opportunity to reflect on the meaning of giving and all that it has made possible. NPD celebrates the endless daily contributions individuals and organizations across the world make to countless causes and missions. To learn more about the 29th Annual National Philanthropy Day “National Philanthropy Day 2020: Rising to the Challenge Together,” please click here.
- May 20, 2021 Seminars Suzanne Sukkar and Christy McDonald to Speak at the ICLE Labor & Employment Law Institute
- May 12, 2021 Media Mentions Frank Borger Gilligan Quoted by Benzinga on New Potential SEC Guidelines for NFTs
- May 11, 2021 Media Mentions Frank Borger Gilligan Quoted in TechTarget on Berkshire Hathaway Declining to Publish DEI Strategy and Data
- May 11, 2021 Media Mentions John Desmond Featured in Nevada Business on How COVID Has Changed Daily Life
- May 10, 2021 Industry Alerts What You Need To Know: Intellectual Property and Non-Fungible Tokens
- May 06, 2021 Media Mentions James Cleland Quoted by Life Sciences Intellectual Property Review on Minerva v. Hologiv
- May 05, 2021 Media Mentions Timothy Overton Discusses Tying Executive Pay to Diversity Progress with Social Television Network
- May 04, 2021 Media Mentions Aaron Burrell Featured in HR Dive on Diversity and Inclusion Efforts Following George Floyd Killing
- May 3, 2021 In the News Kenneth Dyer Joins Dickinson Wright Silicon Valley Office