Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Michael Hammer (CEO and Member, Ann Arbor) was quoted in The American Lawyer discussing the opening of our Chicago office. The article, “As Merger Appetite Grows, Firms Focus on Matching Industries and Places”, discusses the 2021 trends in law firm mergers. Hammer said Stahl Cowen Crowley Addis’ focus on practices such as corporate, real estate, litigation and banking, as well as the opportunity to expand its reach in the upper Midwest and get a foothold in a money market like the Windy City, “just fit neatly into what our bread and butter is.” Hammer continued, “Geography doesn’t work unless you have the practice and industry overlap in it, at least from our perspective. You can go to a place, and if you don’t have the practice and industry opportunities—if it’s not going to up your game—it doesn’t matter that it’s close by.” Click here to read the full article.
Additionally, Hammer was also quoted in Law.com’s article, “Remote Work Aside, Geography Still Matters in Law Firm Mergers.” Click here to read.
- January 31, 2023 In the News Canada-United States Business Association to Host 11th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast
- January 31, 2023 In the News Caleb Green was recently featured on the KNPR live panel interview "State of Nevada"
- January 31, 2023 Articles Advocacy in Arbitration: 5 Tips from an Arbitrator on How to Present Your Case.
- January 31, 2023 Media Mentions Joseph Silvia was recently quoted in the American Banker article, "What does the future look like for crypto lenders?"
- January 30, 2023 In the News Fredric Bellamy's article, "U.S. data privacy laws to enter new era in 2023," was published in Thomson Reuters.
- January 26, 2023 Industry Alerts Tick Tock – Michigan Employers Are on the Earned Sick Time Clock
- January 25, 2023 In the News Caleb Green was recently featured on the KNPR live panel interview "State of Nevada"
- January 25, 2023 Articles Your Contractor Messed Up. Can you Fire Them?
- January 24, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers, One Named Rising Star