Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Michael Hammer (CEO and Member, Ann Arbor) was quoted in The American Lawyer discussing the opening of our Chicago office. The article, “As Merger Appetite Grows, Firms Focus on Matching Industries and Places”, discusses the 2021 trends in law firm mergers. Hammer said Stahl Cowen Crowley Addis’ focus on practices such as corporate, real estate, litigation and banking, as well as the opportunity to expand its reach in the upper Midwest and get a foothold in a money market like the Windy City, “just fit neatly into what our bread and butter is.” Hammer continued, “Geography doesn’t work unless you have the practice and industry overlap in it, at least from our perspective. You can go to a place, and if you don’t have the practice and industry opportunities—if it’s not going to up your game—it doesn’t matter that it’s close by.” Click here to read the full article.
Additionally, Hammer was also quoted in Law.com’s article, “Remote Work Aside, Geography Still Matters in Law Firm Mergers.” Click here to read.
- May 23, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Welcomes Its Summer Class of 2022
- May 18, 2022 Industry Alerts UPDATE: FEC Candidate Loan Repayment Limitation Ruled Unconstitutional in Supreme Court Decision
- May 16, 2022 Media Mentions Kris Beecher Quoted by AZ Central on Tribal Voters
- May 13, 2022 In the News Aaron Burrell Named a “2022 40 Under 40” Honoree by Michigan Chronicle
- May 11, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by 10 WBNS on Ohio's New Overtime Law
- May 09, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Law360 on Tips for Helping Workers Navigate Mental Health Challenges
- May 09, 2022 Industry Alerts Operators, Start Your Engines; But Beware of Sanctions
- May 04, 2022 Media Mentions Jonathan Baker Recognized by the Daily Journal as 2022 "Top Intellectual Property Lawyer"
- May 4, 2022 In the News Ryan Chesnut Joins Dickinson Wright Columbus Office