- Frenkel, Jacob S. .
- Media Mentions
Jacob Frenkel (Member, Washington, D.C.) recently spoke with Financial Planning for an article titled “Is the SEC up to its $84-trillion RIA challenge?” The article considers the situation the Securities and Exchange Commission currently finds itself in; amid the disappointing results of the SEC’s latest annual performance review, which found a notable rise in the share of Registered Investment Advisors receiving exams coinciding with two missed goals around enforcement, and the loss of over 400 positions to contract cuts and a hiring freeze, the number of SEC-registered RIAs has soared by 13% over the past five years. Jacob argues, however, that the agency is in fact improving the efficiency of its investigations.
“Even when the Division of Enforcement was at its most robust staffing levels, there was always a clamoring for more investigative resources,” he said. “What we're seeing now with the more limited resources is an effort to prioritize and bring cases that are consistent with the Chairman's priorities and the agency's mission.”
To read more, click here.
- September 15, 2020 In the News Jacob Frenkel to Testify on Capitol Hill for Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship and Capital Markets Congressional Subcommittee
- February 2020 Media Mentions Jacob Frenkel Quoted by Bloomberg Politics on Roger Stone Sentencing
- February 17, 2020 Media Mentions Jacob Frenkel Quoted by WJLA on Possible Department of Justice Political Bias
- August 2019 Media Mentions Jacob Frenkel Authors Article on Boeing Investigation for Forbes, Quotes Brenda Roubidoux Taylor
- May 21, 2019 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host "Business in the Borderplex" Event in El Paso
- February 7, 2019 Media Mentions Jacob Frenkel Interviewed on CNN Regarding Hearing on Manafort Plea Deal
- February 7, 2019 Media Mentions Jacob Frenkel Quoted in Financial Times Article on Companies' Accounting Adjustment Practices
- January 30, 2019 Media Mentions Attorney Ryan Hart Quoted in Wired Article on Huawei Indictments
- August 30, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Jacob Frenkel Quoted in the Canadian Lawyer Article, “Enforcement lacking in anti-money-laundering efforts”